Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

feeding wet + mixer

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health feeding wet + mixer

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Suz,

thats what I am thinking and also some dog milk for her or soaking it as she doesnt drink as much as the others generally. 

as for misty – you’re welcome to her !!  she’s now got a leaveit on stationary but seen rabbits (its only ahah at the moment but she leaves) her and bonnie play so nice i’m getting a bit sad about it all ending for her … i need to get back to 2 dogs tho – 3 is tiring lol !!  perhaps i can tempt val to william 😀  he looked happy there.

Claire x

Soak it in water – am sure burns soaks up water fairly quick  :-* is worth a try? Wills was fine on it right?

Claire if I could I would take her tomorrow if I could, shed be perfect with Honey  :-* Was thinking about her today, dunno what it is about her but another one of those times when it just wouldnt be right/fair etc etc  :-*

Anonymous

Hi,

yep – wills was always fine on burns, his coat is fuller now but i think thats coz i’ve swapped from the coat king (which cuts his coat length) to that new fangled stripping thing – forgot what its called – yellow handle – alot of money for what it is lol !!

Claire x

furminator  😉

Anonymous

thas the one – its amazing !!!  i totally adore it 🙂  best thing i’ve ever bought for the dogs – would reccommend it to anyone with mutts like mine (shortish flatish coats with undercoats) 🙂

claire x

Just a thought but maybe as the burns (or whichever food it was) is dry little pieces, there wouldn’t be  a whole load to poo but as the ND and mixer is a bit more substantial in terms of mass there looks to be more poo due to that fact.  Anyone following?!  ::)

have never used one claire…. i use a stripping knife a blunt one or a flea comb  😀 but i hear they do the job real well specially on labs etc.

GSPmad

[quote author=Foxisle_crazy link=topic=12062.msg231895#msg231895 date=1216757136]
    Just a thought but maybe as the burns (or whichever food it was) is dry little pieces, there wouldn’t be  a whole load to poo but as the ND and mixer is a bit more substantial in terms of mass there looks to be more poo due to that fact.  Anyone following?!  ::)
    [/quote]

not really, cos the wet will have more moisture – and that won’t be involved in bulk – and the mixer is dry anyway.  ???

Anonymous

Hi,

It was Burns and yep – dry little pieces, probably a little more than the amount of mixer i put in per meal.  so yes, in volume there is slightly more but there is also alot more water so in terms of true “waste products” for poop – surely there should be less ??  i just cant understand it.

This is ALOT more poop – this is like from 1 small poop a day to some days more than 3 or 4.  All not very well formed, occasionally just 1 big splodge but usually formed but u cant pick it up without it breaking. 

There really does seem to be more out than the food they have – honest ???????

GSP – perhaps a little as the poop is much wetter coming out but surely to god not THIS MUCH?

Claire x

promise you – once you’ve used it, on the right dogs – you’d never go back 🙂  not sure about comp or show dogs tho as it takes a much higher proportion of undercoat than say, a rake does but for fluffy flyaway pets – it is a gem 🙂

GSPmad

[quote author=piglet link=topic=12062.msg231908#msg231908 date=1216761318]
    This is ALOT more poop – this is like from 1 small poop a day to some days more than 3 or 4.  All not very well formed, occasionally just 1 big splodge but usually formed but u cant pick it up without it breaking. 

GSP – perhaps a little as the poop is much wetter coming out but surely to god not THIS MUCH?
    [/quote]

well exactly – that is not how water is generally metabolised – excess got rid of via kidneys – normally you would expect firm, solid but not dry.  :-\ (poo not water  ;D ).

and i don’t know much about wet foods – it would be odd if there was an ingredient they were all reacting to – but i suppose they are all collie types – maybe it’s like clumbers and beef.  ???

yep i think they might be a bit much on show dogs, but for pets they are a godsend to the owners  😀

GSPmad

i am getting totally confused with this 2 threads in one – thought you were talking about poos for a second!!

Anonymous

lol – oops sorry 🙂

they are all collie types yes – the main ingredient (as in dry weight) in their diet is probably wheat (from the mixer) i was wondering if this is irritating their gut getting them to poop “too early” before the water is re-absorbed or something ?

they were on burns fish + rice and i am fairly sure theres no wheat in that (but dont quote me on it lol !!).  wonder if gluten free mixer would help – i expect the alternative is oats (but they make horses hyper) and i cant have these lot any more nutty !!  i already had to shush them from playing during holby city so i could hear it lol !!!!!!

Come the weeked I think I will weigh in against weigh out for a couple of days – anyone wanna lend me scales 🙂 🙂 🙂

claire x

Anonymous

hmm, after reading stan thread i might do stool samples too for mine.

anyone know how much it costs ???  i dont suspect anything but would be good to rule it out before i change their food yet again !

Claire x

Hmmm, hope I’m not over complicating things but Toby is fed Burns and he had probs with anal glands and not very solid.  Thought about changing foods but also emailed Burns for advice, they have a good lady there that gave us some very impartial advice, I was v impressed.  She said to watch his portion sizes as we were feeding a bit too much, re-weighed another measure and watched his treat intake, he now gets a smaller amount but is much more solid, perhaps re-weighing the Burns against dog weight would improve things?  Just my two pennerth x 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime