Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

feeding wet + mixer

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health feeding wet + mixer

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    GSPmad

oats meant to be good for weight loss i believe… you not looking for weight loss i take it?

(i am – but not for the dogs  >:D )

wheat, beef and dairy products meant to be the most common food allergens in dogs – so is possible..

stool sample – dorain had one done but was over 7 yrs ago – about £50 maybe?? you could just mix poo from all of them and send it – obv if you found something then you would have to treat them all or sample individually – might be worth doing – but if it was response to diet change might be worth looking at that before you start throwing money about!!

Angela th eidea with Burns is that you dont feed to much- hence you have the not so firm poos and the anal gland problems  :-* he should do fine now youve reduced his intake a wee bit, they are helpful at Burns though.

I dont want to hijack but how is his skin now? can you let us know on his thread?

Anonymous

Hi,

Angela, mine only had a handful each meal (which is about 1/3 of what they recon you should feed them on the packet) so i am not suprised you were over feeding with Toby.

GSP – no their weight is all lovely – everything about them is lovely and healthy, its just this poop mountain thats getting me down lol !!

£50 each  😮  just for some poop !!

Claire x

Claire, slightly OT but was just posting in Toby’s thread re worming and fleas and skin and was thinking about the Burns again.  What treats did you feed when on Burns?  Also re any extras you gave i.e. we thinking allergy for Toby and so nervous about mixing commercial and natural because I also give the odd bits of apple and cheese when training, his faves!

Anonymous

Hi,

i dont really give them treats unless i’m training – perhaps the odd bonio or two, a couple of kelpies every now and then?

for training i use cheese and/or black pud.

odd extra’s they would have had little bits here and there of leftover salmon (i dont like the brown meat) potato, the grim bits of chicken breats with muscle/skin or whatever in them (me very fussy meat eater).

One thing I have noticed is Bonnie’s coat is less dandruffy now than it used to be and all their coats are fuller and nicer on wet + meal but they never itched or anything.

Claire x

p.s. will pop and look on T’s thread 🙂

GSPmad

so if weight fine but poop +++++ may still be worth trying the food quantity reduction first.  🙂

Anonymous

ok …

i’m still worried about reducing it i know this sounds stupid but since i found out that honey and the peke’s eat more than my dogs do i’ve been wondering if they get enough even ?

do you know i am so fed of all this 🙁

before i joined here i just owned “a dog” it had dog food that wasnt suitable for it which meant i had to get its anal glands cleaned every 6 weeks by a vet, it had injections that made it sick, wormers that made it sick and runny, flea treatment that made it sick and itchy and treats that made it manic.  when it was sick i took it to the vet and they fixed it again and i didnt have to think about anything not being right because i thought i was doing everything best and doing everything reccommended by the rescue and vets.

now i know i was killing my poor dog and have changed every single one of those things above to make his life better.

ignorance was bliss – knowing is just too worrying 🙁

GSPmad

[quote author=piglet link=topic=12062.msg231994#msg231994 date=1216807421]
    ok …

i’m still worried about reducing it i know this sounds stupid but since i found out that honey and the peke’s eat more than my dogs do i’ve been wondering if they get enough even ?

ignorance was bliss – knowing is just too worrying 🙁
    [/quote]

different dogs have different requirements based on exercise, metabolism etc etc… and honey and the pekes are not fed any mixer – the biscuitty stuff is much more energy dense cos it’s dry. try reducing the amount first — you can always up it again if it doesn’t work.

knowing means you have had the opportunity to change things and improve life for your dogs, and give them happier, healthier and hopefully longer lives – as you have just proved by saying wills no longer needs all the vet trips he once did.  😉

Anonymous

yeah – eukanuba *shudder* was what the kennels reccommended (and my vet was lining his pockets from) incase anyone wondered 😉

I didnt realise H & P’s didnt have mixer too !  I think i might reduce the biscuity bits

claire x

Izzie

Claire I noticed if my 2 have extra LD biscuits then their poop volume goes up by quite a bit, if I feed them less then they poop less, even with the same volume of porridge.

Anonymous

ooo – ok i’ll give that a go – would like to keep them on wet as William likes it much more, he just used to sniff the bowl and look uninterested with burns !

GSPmad

[quote author=piglet link=topic=12062.msg232005#msg232005 date=1216808669]
    yeah – eukanuba *shudder* was what the kennels reccommended (and my vet was lining his pockets from) incase anyone wondered 😉

I didnt realise H & P’s didnt have mixer too !  I think i might reduce the biscuity bits

claire x
    [/quote]

don’t think they do.  :-\ think honey is probably allergic to everything in any form of mixer or biscuit.  :-*

weren’t you going back to bed?  😉 i would quite like to do that too but have an appointment i have to go to.  🙁

and unrelated – please can i post someone the frickin yappy yorkie and noisy kids from next door cos i’m not sure how much longer i can take it.  >:D

and you could also be right – could be the wheat in the mixer biscuit.  😉

Anonymous

swap you for happyyappysnappy little sheep-like thing next door + assorted children 🙂

i did go to bed 🙂

Claire x

wags

you can have GSD man down the road

i have no idea how many dogs hes got – all GSD types X’s

well they bark lots

*Lassie*

I have feed my two Naturediet when I can get it but they have it on it’s own – no mixer, it is a complete food. What they produce at the back end afterwards is fine 😉 I would say it’s the mixer.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime