Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

female dogs hormonal cycle ©

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Gracie

yep, and she will stop bleeding soon, DO NOT be fooled that season is over this is the most fertile time, and then she will bleed again, but from the day she fist bled it wil be the 21 – 23 days before you can take them out  🙂

kizkiznobite

you didnt know?  ::)

toppy

her back end is really swollen, which i know happens but it also seems to be really red ??? i dnt mean blood i mean the skin itself should it be like this??  :-\

kizkiznobite

yes  🙂

Gracie

we now at day 11 of blood,
    it seems to have gotten thinner and slowed down,
    and i guess that as it 1st season it will be all over the place, but how will i know when it is safe to take her out?? or does the 23 day rule cover it??

kizkiznobite

she is prob going clear so not all over the place  🙂  these are the high fertile days – yep keep her in the 23 days to be safe  🙂

Anonymous

Yes and to stop the males from gong crazy!! A stupid man was walking his girlie on heat round the park the other day >:( Murphy the EBT across the road was going mental at his window, Tyson whining in the kitchen, another male barking crazliy across the street while on a walk ::)

toppy

Just wondered, millys nails grow really fast, but taking her for her walks daily keeps them short – no probs

But…….while she had been in season her nails have grown soo fast, and are alot longer than they have ever been, shes almost finished her season i think (swelling gone down and not ”cleaning herself” as often) so i will beable to take her out again but….i was just wondering is there anything we can do to keep her nails short while she has to stay in??? she spends alot of time out the back while shes been on heat but it hasnt done nothing to her nails!

so will she be ok next time she in season to just leave her or should i be doing something to help her keep them short?  :-\

kizkiznobite

just file them – use a foot file – one of those for hard skin like scholl make – keep file still and rub the nail along it – not the other way around of dragging the file across the nail 🙂

Anonymous

And don’t forget the dew claws she may even have rear ones KC breeders take them all off but she may still have them
    Val

toppy

sorry probably yet another silly question  :-[ but have read through the thread and cant find it ………………… How often do dogs have their seasons??

kizkiznobite

there is a diagram hun – with average days  😉

most dogs have 2 seasons a year – some every nine months – some like ami…no we aint going there ::)

average is every 6 months  ;D

toppy

🙂 thanks Kiz (just wantted to make sure she wasnt going to ‘start’ while im visiting my mum and family

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=3156.msg114420#msg114420 date=1169645981]
    some like ami…no we aint going there ::)
    [/quote]

;D  ;D intrigued now so lets….  😀

kizkiznobite

noooo – she might read it and think it funny  ::)

menopuppiesnobabiesmenotwantmewantostrich  >:D amilou

toppy

😀  😀 hmm so is that she doesnt have thwm when she should so you can’get her caught?’  ;D
    didnt know you bred?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime