Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Fish

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Fish

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    .dodger.

Had my three monsters at the beach today and Dodger & Uno made friends with a fisherman. He very kindly gave them a fish each for their dinner as he had caught so many. Just wondering do i cook/cut/de-head/de-gut them or just bang them in their dish whole with some mash? Dodger and Tila are used to sardines but puppy dog isn’t…?

Gwensway

Hi

I  would think you are best to fillet the fish VERY carefuly, then poach the fish, then recheck for bones before serving.

Hope that helps.

Gwen

Val

Bung it in the dish and sit and watch it’s good fun, they may roll on it or chuck it in the air a few times but they will love them.
    Much safer to feed raw as you know cooked bones are a No No.
    You also know from long ago posts my girls get fish straight off the boat
    Val

Honey is never having whole fish again – she doesnt eat it she just rolls in it and mushes it to death on my CARPET  :canadian: dex he would just eat it whole, if its not breathing its eaten and if its breathing its fair game as far as hes concerned if he can catch it  😛

Val

Bless her she enjoyyed it  :agree:

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=15235.msg275825#msg275825 date=1277407805]
    Honey is never having whole fish again – she doesnt eat it she just rolls in it and mushes it to death on my CARPET  :canadian: dex he would just eat it whole, if its not breathing its eaten and if its breathing its fair game as far as hes concerned if he can catch it  😛
    [/quote]

I feed Izzy whole fish, she eats them tail first leaving the head til last

[img width=468 height=311]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g283/Foxisle_crazy/IMG_0181.jpg[/img]

Gracie

prob abit late as I guess they will have had tea by now, but my advice dont gut it, did that once for a whole fish for gracie and was nearly :vomit: yuk!

Hope they all enjoyed them 🙂

[quote author=Val link=topic=15235.msg275826#msg275826 date=1277409141]
    Bless her she enjoyyed it  :agree:

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=15235.msg275825#msg275825 date=1277407805]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

Oh yes she enjoyed killing it – just wish shed of eaten the mess afterwards  😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime