Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Flyball

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 141 total)
  • Author

[quote author=laura & dodger link=topic=10870.msg207731#msg207731 date=1206986798]
    😀 😀 is it mainly collie’s Emma?
    [/quote]

i have been told that stan is too big for flyball  :-[ :'(

.dodger.

??? i didn’t think there was a height restriction??

Anonymous

He’d be good at agility  ;D

[quote author=delevago link=topic=10870.msg208451#msg208451 date=1207494056]
    [quote author=laura & dodger link=topic=10870.msg207731#msg207731 date=1206986798]
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[quote author=Val link=topic=10870.msg208464#msg208464 date=1207495820]
    He’d be good at agility  ;D

[quote author=delevago link=topic=10870.msg208451#msg208451 date=1207494056]
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    [/quote]

he does agility and he good at it  ;D although he does get very hypo

emma_pen

I love the name Exeter X Factors!

Although like agility flyball division is dominated by collie types, its not just for collies and I saw all sorts doing it at Selby. Elliot is one of the quickest dogs in our club, and he’s a Staffie Lurcher. And as you can see from the video on page 2 Elliot was the quickest on a starters team of collies apart from him and there’s no reason why he won’t go on to be just as good at it as the division collies.

In our club we have a Lab, a Golden Retriever, a Deerhound/Wolfhound, a Flatcoat, a Papillon & a Sheltie amongst others. We have just started up as a club and we currently have 6 collies (I *think*), including the trainers two. I saw shepherds doing it at Selby, and although they weren’t that fast they were consistent. I know a Flyball Rottie on another forum.

You can check out the breeds registered as flyball dogs here: http://www.flyball.org.uk/database/breed.php
    There are currently 14 rotties with points registered with teams, and 39 GSD’s. This is compared with a huge 1545 collies/sheepdogs  😮

.dodger.

wow! We’ll just have to make that 40 GSD’S! ;D ;D once my birthday is past i should have some extra money so  you might be seeing me around the start of mayish! 😉

Dawn

Great news. I am now starting up more classes but on a thursday evening.  Paws crossed I go from strength to strength

Dawn

Anonymous

Sounds like you are doing very well  ;D

[quote author=Dawn link=topic=10870.msg212207#msg212207 date=1209320981]
    Great news. I am now starting up more classes but on a thursday evening.  Paws crossed I go from strength to strength

Dawn
    [/quote]

Anonymous

Hi,

i’ve also seen “allsorts” teams compete at flyball …

Beardies, Vizlas, Labradors, Springers, Flatties, Jack Russels, GSD’s …. just loads of ’em !!

beardies in particular that i’ve seen are very good at it as with the right care and breeding they are ALOT less fizzy than BC’s but still very clever.  not sure i would want to run a show type beardie in BFA too much coat and some of the legs seem very poor but I think the more working traditional type dogs would be OK tho some dogs really hit the box hard – i cant imagine what years of that does to a dogs conformation and that is just one reason why you wont see my dogs BFA’ing regularly (the crufts isnt so bad as its more controlled and theres no clatter against the boxes!!)

Claire x

Dawn

In my classes I have JR, working Cockers, SBT, GSD,Golden Retriever, Labs, collies. Collie x It is great to see all shapes and sizes having fun

Dawn

emma_pen

Both the fastest dogs on our current top team are crossbreeds – Elliot is a bull lurcher and Bracken is a Lab/Collie. We are loving it!

Mudgie

I thought about doing this with Nooch as he is so ball obsessed  :-\

Have emailed Tyne Tailwaggers to see when next beginners class is  ;D  Nothing ventured…….

*Nat*

You not carried on with Agility then Mudge?

Izzy had a beginners go at flyball with Tyne tailwaggers at the NESSR show at druridge. She ran but was a bit half hearted then jumped over the barriers instead  ::) 😀

Mudgie

oh yes he gets agility here too  ;D

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 141 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime