Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Free Shaping Snoozy

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    toppy

;D ok thanks, will keep the nose, but try other things, so there is lick or touch, ok is this again with an object, toy, ball etc?

Anonymous

whatever you want it to be…. start with object then the word will cue the action no matter what it is ……  😉  Get the action get it fluent, add the word, when it is fluent you have your cue  😉

toppy

k thank you!!  :-*
    Getting good at all the fun stuff, but rubbish when it comes to serious things!  ::)  🙂

Anonymous

The fun stuff will build a closer relationship with you and pooch  :-*

She will respect you more  😉  You will have more confidence with her

Then the serious stuff will be easier to understand and sort out  :-*

Enjoy 

kizkiznobite

when you have the nose fluent and reliable on verbal cue then just stop clicking that and wait for her to offer something else

toppy

we dont reward ‘nose’ now (not with food anyway) we say then she does  🙂
    And thanks will do!

toppy

just thought would give an update…milly now has a reliable ‘snoozy’  ;D im soo impressed! well shes had it for a while now just havent posted! comes in soo handy when eating our meals or we have visitors!  🙂
    I decided to go further with nose which i am still in middle of doing with her, but shes getting it pretty well, i lay her chicken (cluck) teddy (ted) and ball out for her, i say cluck she noses the chicken, say ted she noses ted, say ball she noses ball,  ;D dont know who is loving the training more me or her!  ;D
    So thank you kiz!  🙂

kizkiznobite

you welcome – now extent the behaviours – go for a paw instead – then just the left or right paw – then the other one and if you really clever – you can go for the back ones too  ;D

toppy

ok will do that next! ermmm…..the back paws haha! this should be fun!  😀

schnozzles

Wow, I’m so stupid – it hadn’t occurred to me to try this with Mollie but it’s how I’ve been training my cats, off and on (when they can be bothered) for years… DOH!!!  ::) ::) ::)

Me gonna play later… will start off by charging the clicker first though. ;D ;D

toppy

to be honest i never really ‘got’ what clicker was for until i started training milly, has been the best thing!  🙂 good luck!

schnozzles

Might have to see if I can train the cats to snoozy too… 😮 😮 ;D

toppy

haha that would be funny, my cat would just look at us stupid and walk off or go back to sleep!
    Snoozy comes in handy for lots of things though! start as you mean to go on  ;D

toppy

Kiz, what do you say for all four paws, shes got left paw down to a T now, right paw she still woking on, but what word do you give them all, for front paws ive just been using -left paw-right paw, what about the back ones?  🙂

kizkiznobite

i dont use paws for this because those are my cues for giving me their paws for checking them over etc.

when touching objects – and because i use a rubber ring and they have to put feets in the centre
    i have:

polo – right f paw
    hoop – left  fpaw
    disc – right b paw
    band – left b paw

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime