Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Fritz’s scabby bit

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Fritz’s scabby bit

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    xtine

First noticed it about a week and a half ago…  think he either scratched it on a bush or might have been an insect bite /  play fight mark –  he does play rough ( could be this as he had a couple of scabs on back of his head which have since healed up nicely). Might have been there a while as is hidden under the beard…
    We have cut away the hair from the area as it kept matting up and we couldn’t really see what it was.. it looks flat, no risen area or lump particularly… is about the size of a 10p on the side of his lip / nose.
    Have been washing his beard and then bathing in warm salty water… when clean it looks slightly infected… he keeps scratching it and making it bleed and scab up  >:D no smell that we’ve noticed.. but then again, his beard smells like a butchers shop most of the time  :embarrass: we usually wash it once a week or so.
    No reaction from fritz to cleaning, he is happy for us to inspect it
    Have been boosting with selenium for a few days, gave him 2 olive leaf tabs with his dinner tonight

Will take a pic and put it up tomorrow  :ok:

kizkiznobite

due to it’s location think i would be applying a topical antiseptic cream like savlon and washing in a dilute tcp or savlon liquid solution

Poor boy it still not healing  🙁

Hope its better soon.  :-*

xtine

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=14782.msg272745#msg272745 date=1254178122]
    due to it’s location think i would be applying a topical antiseptic cream like savlon and washing in a dilute tcp or savlon liquid solution
    [/quote]

We did put some antiseptic spray on for a few days but i wasn’t convinced it was the way to go… think we have some savlon in the cupboard, thanks Bev.. will try and get a pic up

Anonymous

aww poor fritz  :-*

xtine

ok… he’s scratched it again today.. so all raw and beard all bloody  >:D
    have put some savlon on which he didn’t like and proceeded to rub his face on the rug  >:D have pacified him with some carrot  😉

It’s not pretty  :vomit:

it looks like a hole but it is flat… black edges is dried blood

[img width=468 height=313]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l113/fritzbitz_2006/DSC_0038.jpg[/img]

Anonymous

That looks sore, poor lad hope you get it sorted soon  :-*

Sweetypye

I would not use antiseptic on it. Hilton Herbs do a good spray called first essential which has aloe, tea tree etc in, or they do a very nice healing balm.

Val

Hiltons spray is similar to the grooming spray IMO thats too wet their healing balm is very good in the meantime I would try a 50% dilute of malt vinegar dab it on that should fix it, if he doesn’t leave it alone you may have to put a sock on his scratching foot for a couple of days
    Val

xtine

Thanks Val and Sweetypye.. will use the malt and see if we can track down some balm too  :ok:

Had thought about the sock thing too  😀 good plan  ;D

Poor boy – cut away some more hair too if its touching it it will irritate  :-*

xtine

ok Aunty Suz, will do  :-*

k9

Hope you are on the mend fritz, aunty Bess
    and k9

xtine

[quote author=k9 link=topic=14782.msg272879#msg272879 date=1254476615]
    Hope you are on the mend fritz, aunty Bess
    and k9
    [/quote]
    Thank you  :-*

Hopefully it’s healing a bit better now  :-\

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime