Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

getting to know your butcher….

Home Archive Forums Sticky subjects Subjects to be kept getting to know your butcher….

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Just noticed one on the Old Dean estate, If I put my riot gear on I should be safe enough for a look tomorrow 😉 😀

Lisa33

I’m so lucky to have my butcher!!  He has already told me I am still to come to him when we move!! 😀  What you got at yours Bev is a weekly thing at mine, sometimes it’s heart wrenching when my freezer is full :'( I hate to say no to bones!!  He even gives me his veggies that need to go too!  I by all my meat there so don’t feel bad just taking all his bones!! ;D

By getting all this meat for nothing I then can afford to buy human grade mince (just frozen stuff) at asda for them for their evening meal, I could really do with investing in a mibcing machine! then I could mince all the stuff I don’t have room for!! ;D

You have a mincer don’t you Val?

Anonymous

Oh Yes I have had it donkeys years brought it from Northern Tools brilliant bit noisy but will even grind small bones must be at least 20yrs old they are good cos they still sell them
    Val

[quote author=Lisa33 link=topic=10734.msg202350#msg202350 date=1203620668]
    I’m so lucky to have my butcher!!  He has already told me I am still to come to him when we move!! 😀  What you got at yours Bev is a weekly thing at mine, sometimes it’s heart wrenching when my freezer is full :'( I hate to say no to bones!!  He even gives me his veggies that need to go too!  I by all my meat there so don’t feel bad just taking all his bones!! ;D

By getting all this meat for nothing I then can afford to buy human grade mince (just frozen stuff) at asda for them for their evening meal, I could really do with investing in a mibcing machine! then I could mince all the stuff I don’t have room for!! ;D

You have a mincer don’t you Val?

[/quote]

Anonymous

I got my foot in the door of one of the biggest butchers in North London. They are only a 10 minute walk from me and they supply all the restaurants with meat. It’s a big double fronted shop with about 10 butchers on the shop floor, each one has thier own worktop with a bin beside & i just go through the bins and pick out the bones with lumps of meat on them.

I have enough in the freezer for a month at a time & even though i have made the offer they wont charge me anything. I have to admit i don’t tell anyone about them because they would all be going to the same shop! lol

Popped into my butchers today – no marrow bones but some of the smaller ones – five bones 31p  ;D however i again got the grumpy woman – next time I will speak to the man – she could turn milk sour and I dont like to ask for more  -shes seriously scary  >:D  ;D

Honey had this for breakfast – and im ashamed to say she polished off some bits of turkey necks afterwards  :-[

[img width=468 height=351]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i227/Suz22/Hpim0292.jpg[/img]

soon as i have time am going to pop into another local butcher see what they have – but I dont want too much………one small dog can only eat so much – but if I get it for free I know a schnauzer I reckon would like it  ;D

*Nat*

What a strange price  ??? 31p  😀

hmmm never gave it much thought – they just weigh and give me the price……..guess they charge so much a kilo?

Lisa33

Have you gone to that one in Denmead yet Suz?

nope thats theone im planning on going to – just never seem to be passing when I have time. Mind am sure its the one on hambledon parade – dont think they have a butchers in denmead- if they do its invisible lol!!  ;D

Lisa33

Yes, think it’s that one! thats my butcher (a townie) not knowing ‘over the hill’ very well!! 😀  think his name is Chris, quite young looking with shaved head.  He is really lovely, don’t forget to say you know me from Country Butchers in portsmouth! 

roflol he was close haha it on the way to denmead! Actually might have time to visit there saturday if not then maybe monday – they are much closer if their bones are as nice as the ones i get in waterlooville  😉

Lisa33

I still have quite a few for you in my freezer, should be going up to my mums sometime next week, so I can drop them into you.

wags

but what if you dont drive and have to carry it on the bus ?

you just dont do it  😉

lovely thanks Lisa – if im not in my mum will be just bang the door and give her time to hobble to answer it  :-* she will chuck em in the freezer for me cheers, amazing how many the piglet can work through!

Mudgie

puppies like bones too  ;D

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 102 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime