Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

getting to know your butcher….

Home Archive Forums Sticky subjects Subjects to be kept getting to know your butcher….

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    Sinawi

I know of 2 definate Butchers in my area… will be visiting them tomorrow or Saturday!!

Not sure about any others – tried google searching but I did rubbish!! LOL!!

kizkiznobite

[quote author=wags link=topic=10734.msg202439#msg202439 date=1203632065]
    but what if you dont drive and have to carry it on the bus ?

you just dont do it  😉
    [/quote]

a shopping trolley  ;D one of those back packs that also have wheels on  ;D

wags

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=10734.msg202460#msg202460 date=1203642464]
    [quote author=wags link=topic=10734.msg202439#msg202439 date=1203632065]
    but what if you dont drive and have to carry it on the bus ?

you just dont do it  😉
    [/quote]

a shopping trolley  ;D one of those back packs that also have wheels on  ;D
    [/quote]

on 2 busses – uhmmm how can i put it politelly  😉

kizkiznobite

::) honestly

i go down to london – minimum of 2 trains and plus underground with 4 changes or 3 buses  ::) ask widget how many times i left her house with a big wheelie full of goat and mackeral ;D

actually the last time the train back was warm and very busy and by the time i reached the home station the carriage stunk of fish because they hadnt wrapped it very well – i just hope they didnt all think it was me  ;D

wags

eeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

:-X

Anonymous

😀

They butchers near me probably all know you by now Bev  ;D

If you want goat – where I live is the place to get it….  Loki loves the goat bones actually – they are a nice size… I get them to bone a leg for me – chop up the meat and put the bones separate.  Then loki gets the meat for dinners and bones during the day.  Or I buy the curry goat which is little bits of meat and bone and he has that for breakfast – he had it today  ;D

As well as all my butchers in London near my house (there are loads…) I also have a fab butcher in Suffolk that gives me great big bags of bones for free – real mixtures of stuff including racks of ribs, big marrow bones, little lamb bones etc.  I buy our meat there too… 

ETS: Bev – Loki won’t eat Mackeral…  he hates it… is the one thing he won’t eat  if he gets it for breakfast then eat misses breakfast and won’t eat it  ::)  so I’ve stopped giving it to him.  He even let Dottie eat all of it in suffolk once – he prefers not to eat than to eat Mackeral….

Lisa33

Emmy hates any fish that is raw, she will rather not eat too ::)  Blu takes a while but then will eat it.  The only time she eats it if’t cooked or out the tin.  I did put the raw fish in a blender and blasted it all up and she ate it then :-\

Mine get so used to certain meats and bones when they have something new, like at xmas butcher gave me duck and goose, they wouldn’t touch it ::)  took me ages to convince them to eat it ::) fussy what nots 😀

Anonymous

Cass always has raw fish on fridays, i give her a coley fillet. She loves it.  ;D

kizkiznobite

gunners that dont do duck and goose  ::) what is the world coming to

Anonymous

Lisa did you feed it raw?  I gave Loki game mix for dinner ages ago and he wasn’t that interested  😮 – so I heated it up (not cooked – just slightly browned).  Then he loved it – so now he will eat it raw – I just had to have it a bit warmed through the first couple of times…  He gets game mix quite often now cos our butchers do a deal on it  ;D

kizkiznobite

mmm is all i have to say  ::)

lokiyoubeingbadforyourmumwesharedarabbitandithadfurandyounotfussythenbadboy  >:D amilou

Anonymous

😀  he will eat it all raw now  ;D  was just the first couple of times…  and he will always eat his food when Dottie is around – else she nicks it  😀 

Lisa33

I know Bev! it could only be mine ::)

Yes, it was a whole duck and carcasses of goose.  But they were like that with rabbit at first until I cooked it!

They soon ate when they realised they weren’t getting anything else 😀

DawnG

Kizzie has had her first bone today and loved it ;D  Will ask for more bones tomorrow when I go to get my meat, it was free last time so hoping that is the norm. 😀 🙂

Lisa33

Yey! well done Kizzie!! ;D

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 102 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime