Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

getting to know your butcher….

Home Archive Forums Sticky subjects Subjects to be kept getting to know your butcher….

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 102 total)
  • Author

after reading this article last week i went to my butchers and asked if i could have a load of the stuff that they normally throw out.last week i got a couple of rib bones and some scraps of meat, this week however i got a black binbag full of stuff that he would have thrown away.i got

3 x Pork (i think) rib cages
    4 x shoulder blades (i think they are shoulder blades)
    4 x pig legs (marrow bone type)
    loads of scrap meat and skin and other bits
    4 x pigs ears
    2 x pig heads…..eeeewwwww

i was pocking around in the bag and as i tried to pull a bit of meat out this head came with it  😮 it scarred the life out of me, anyway i have two pigs heads and i have no idea what to do with them because i dont have a pan big enough to fit them in….gonna have to buy a bigger pan :D. my six foot freezer is now totaly filled up with bits for the dogs  😀

kizkiznobite

there are posts on here re pigs heads – i feen the all the time – if you cannot find nudge back and i will repeat the info or find for you  🙂

*Nat*

Oooh pigs heads – my favourite  😀  ::)  😉 Cooked mine in the oven  ;D Errm can’t remember how long for, but once cooked you cut all the skin and ears off and dry it out in a low oven for treats then you strip all the meat, eye balls  😛 brain  😛 etc…… makes lots of meals, fab!!! Keep trying to get one from my butcher but had no luck yet  :-\

[quote author=Balmy Bali link=topic=10734.msg205572#msg205572 date=1205428011]
    Keep trying to get one from my butcher but had no luck yet  :-\
    [/quote]

well ive got two so if your ver on the island you can have one if you want or i can send it to you  ;D

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=10734.msg205540#msg205540 date=1205423621]
    there are posts on here re pigs heads – i feen the all the time – if you cannot find nudge back and i will repeat the info or find for you  🙂
    [/quote]

i found a couple of posts on pigs head,thanks. i will probly chop them up so they fit in my suacepan,  unless anyone can tell me how to cook it otherwise 🙂 then once cooked i will skin them for treats and tthen put the meat and everything else in with bevs porridge recipie.
    i just couldnt beleive how much i got from the butchers and it was all free!!! and he said i could have as much as i wanted wen i wanted it, within reason

*Nat*

What Island  ???  ;D

kizkiznobite

[quote author=Balmy Bali link=topic=10734.msg205572#msg205572 date=1205428011]
    Oooh pigs heads – my favourite  😀  ::)  😉 Cooked mine in the oven  ;D Errm can’t remember how long for, but once cooked you cut all the skin and ears off and dry it out in a low oven for treats then you strip all the meat, eye balls  😛 brain  😛 etc…… makes lots of meals, fab!!! Keep trying to get one from my butcher but had no luck yet  :-\
    [/quote]

still laugh to myself when i remember the look on your face  ;D

*Nat*

Lol whenever someone mentions pigs heads I think of you  ;D  😀  :-*

[quote author=Balmy Bali link=topic=10734.msg205625#msg205625 date=1205439801]
    What Island  ???  ;D

[/quote]

sorry keep forgetting there are several island round england, im on the Isle of Wight

*Nat*

;D Just checking you didn’t mean the Isle of Sheppey cos that’s not far from me  ;D

Here some bones i got for £1.20!
    [img width=468 height=351]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g283/Foxisle_crazy/P1000493.jpg[/img]

I put the kettle in so you could see the size!  😀

xtine

cor that middle one is a whopper  😮

nice one Laura  ;D

lol thats how big the marrow bones I got Honey were – she made short work of them  😀 Got to go to the butchers soon, need some more bones.

wow they are huge, bet she had fun munching them  ;D

Got these for 30p today – for all of them  ;D

Bev what sort of bones are they?

[img width=468 height=351]http://i46.servimg.com/u/f46/11/66/35/47/hpim0311.jpg[/img]

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 102 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime