Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Grooming….

Home Archive Forums General Category Puppy talk Grooming….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Well my little girlie is becoming a big girlie and loosing her baby fur so the question is.. what do we need to groom her? we have the puppy kit but the slicker has thick bristles so do we need a slicker with metal bristles? we would prob go to pets at home so do we need?

We will take her to a groomers too, but will need to keep her looking beautiful in between visits.
    When would you suggest shes goes to groomers? how often?

Gem  🙂

Val

More important than a slicker is a good comb,What did the breeder suggest.
    As for groomers it will depend on if you keep her in coat or have her cut off
    Val

Anonymous

we have a comb that came in the puppy pack, is this all we need? mmm good question i didnt even ask the breeder about grooming. I could caontact her and see what she suggests. 🙂

We definately want to keep her coat, I thought we could take her to the groomers when she needs a good wash and a little trim.

Gem

Val

Be careful of the little trim bit she could come back without a feather in sight  ;D
    Val

[quote author=Carl&Gem link=topic=14711.msg272111#msg272111 date=1252513051]
    we have a comb that came in the puppy pack, is this all we need? mmm good question i didnt even ask the breeder about grooming. I could caontact her and see what she suggests. 🙂

We definately want to keep her coat, I thought we could take her to the groomers when she needs a good wash and a little trim.

Gem
    [/quote]

Val dont frighten them LOL!

when you decide its time for her to go to the groomers( and if its going to be a regular thing then can i suggest you take her now before she weighs god knows how much and let her get used to it  :-* ) and i will ask about know various groomers across the country so might be able to find you a decent one who wont make her bald eh Val  >:D  😉

Post up a pick of her comb we will tell you if its any good  ;D

Anonymous

Thanks val & suz, will post a pic up 2moro…prob not a good one but if you could point me in the right direction i can get a new one  :ok:

I live in leeds so anywhere in the surrounding areas for a good groomers! Im not sure what to look for in a groomers.
    if only we were closer to you…I know she wouldnt come back bald  ;D ;D

Val

Me never  :nono: :surrender:but they have to be ready the last one that came to me with the owner in tears…….. I think she thought I did hair weaving,
    She had from the top her ears clipped and rounded her front ruff removed all her leg furnishings and the belly (clipper rash under there)and her tail looked like a lab
    And her feet clipped all for the sum of 35 quid done in Bournemouth.
    When she owner asked why they had removed her furnishing the girl between chewing gum said She will stay cleaner that way  :boooo:

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=14711.msg272116#msg272116 date=1252522071]
    Val dont frighten them LOL!

when you decide its time for her to go to the groomers( and if its going to be a regular thing then can i suggest you take her now before she weighs god knows how much and let her get used to it  :-* ) and i will ask about know various groomers across the country so might be able to find you a decent one who wont make her bald eh Val  >:D  😉

Post up a pick of her comb we will tell you if its any good  ;D
    [/quote]

Anonymous

:scared: :scared: :scared: i definately dont want that to happen to willow  🙂

xtine

[quote author=Carl&Gem link=topic=14711.msg272120#msg272120 date=1252525841]

if only we were closer to you…I know she wouldnt come back bald  ;D ;D

[/quote]

but she will come back with pink bits  ;D

Anonymous

even better  ;D ;D

not so sure carl would agree though  😉

;D to the pink bits lol!

I will ask about where abouts in leeds?

I dont scalp goldies either – lets be honest they gonna get dirty featherings or not and if you wanted a short haired dog my answer to them is they shoulda got a lab  >:D  😉

Anonymous

we live in the morley area but would be willing to travel a little to a good groomers  ;D

Thanks suz would be a great help  🙂

Anonymous

Heres the pic on the comb we have….

[img width=468 height=351]http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv299/gemx83x/x549.jpg[/img]

please let me know the comb we need if this isnt any good. Thanks you  🙂

Val

Suz maybe able to help with the slicker I don’t use that one the comb is a bin job you need a Spratts 80 for a Goldie girl
    Val

[quote author=Carl&Gem link=topic=14711.msg272199#msg272199 date=1252657989]
    Heres the pic on the comb we have….

[img width=468 height=351]http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv299/gemx83x/x549.jpg[/img]

please let me know the comb we need if this isnt any good. Thanks you  🙂
    [/quote]

Anonymous

Thanks val  🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime