Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Grooming Questions Thread!!

Home Archive Forums Sticky subjects Subjects to be kept Grooming Questions Thread!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 544 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

hehe i havent a clue but sure joly might have some advice ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anonymous

I would not recommend a home made conditioner you need a heavy cream conditioner (dogs not human) Diamond Edge do a very good cheap one
    Val

[quote author=merrow link=topic=5578.msg91432#msg91432 date=1162921113]
    well tought id have a go on this new little topic,

ย  iv just been sitting here and thought about looking in to making my own condtioners up to use when i bath the boys, i did look at a few websites and one said to use different carrier oils like almond oil and eveningย  primrose oil,ย  i thought these would leave the coat oily unless u washed them out with a deep cleaning or de-greeser shampoo which then i tought would counter act the goodness of the oil if u see what i mean?

i hope that made some sorta scence to someone ๐Ÿ™‚
    [/quote]

merrow

well i was reading if u were to tie hair fall back then u should use a condioner so the bands dont ddamage the hair or pull it out, that was just sumthing to no as teddy has his wind swept look all the time ๐Ÿ™‚
    and i was thinking his coat could maybe do with a bit of a condion the next time i bath him as where he scratched his hair out its now regrowing but he has got some scurffy bits which i tought it might help get rid of a bit faster.

Anonymous

On Clumbers and working dogs maybe but on Lhasa’s, Shiddies, etc they need bathing and conditioning especially if they have a coat
    Val

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=5578.msg91437#msg91437 date=1162921454]
    well – my q would be why bother

nature does a good job if allowed
    [/quote]

Anonymous

You should always condition a Lhasa coat the scatching is another thing look to the inside out for skin problems
    Val

[quote author=merrow link=topic=5578.msg91447#msg91447 date=1162921819]
    well i was reading if u were to tie hair fall back then u should use a condioner so the bands dont ddamage the hair or pull it out, that was just sumthing to no as teddy has his wind swept look all the time ๐Ÿ™‚
    and i was thinking his coat could maybe do with a bit of a condion the next time i bath him as where he scratched his hair out its now regrowing but he has got some scurffy bits which i tought it might help get rid of a bit faster.
    [/quote]

merrow

that was b4 i moved him off bakers when i first started on here, and i wrote a post evry 1 told me to move to diffrent diet i did and the scratching stoped:), but his coat is now about 3inches or so down to 3cm where he pulled it out it scabbed up, and its just a bit flacky and iv been using a puppy shampoo on him as the vets said that the stronger stuff can wash off the frontline and my other dog is alergic to fleas, and the puppy shampoo dsnt seem to much life back in to the coat like the other shampoo i did used to use so i was thinking of making a condioner up as i have a lot out of my essentail oil kit that need using up this year.

merrow

thanks for the condioner name om on there site looks nice ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous

Get there shampoo as well it’s middle of the road and won’t break the bankย  ;D it’s lovely on whites get the medicated one

What your vet is saying ain’t true
    Val

[quote author=merrow link=topic=5578.msg91453#msg91453 date=1162922475]
    thanks for the condioner name om on there site looks nice ๐Ÿ™‚
    [/quote]

merrow

oh right well i had never had a problem apart from about 3 weeks back teddy started scratching like mad again and a few days later i saw a fleaย  ๐Ÿ™ and as he was fronlined they should be killed of after 24 hours and still scraching i rang the vets and they said as the spot on dosnt go in to the blood it just sits in the skin if using a de gressing shampoo it will dilut it till it dosnt work and said to use a shampoo with a serten % of sumthing and said a puppy shampoo or one like the melsabs would be best to keep the efects of it on the skin.

but if this is not true them i might go back to my old shampoo i was using, it reall upsets me to think u go and pay ยฃ20 just to walk trough the door to be told crap that isnt true thats the last time i go there with teddy thats for sure

thanks again

Anonymous

use vals flea spray ๐Ÿ˜‰

merrow

i keep meaning to make it up i will do it soon when i place my next order od oils ๐Ÿ™‚

so it really keeps the fleas away and u dont use fronline at all?ย  its just norman lost all his hair on his ears and head when the cat got them a few years back and would want that to happen again ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous

I have to confess i dont do anything for honey for fleas – i have used frontline occasionally but i dont really like the stuff!

merrow

i only use it really as we have a catย  >:D and u no what they r ike with fleas

Anonymous

I ain’t saying it will work with cat fleas

[quote author=merrow link=topic=5578.msg91502#msg91502 date=1162928009]
    i keep meaning to make it up i will do it soon when i place my next order od oils ๐Ÿ™‚

so it really keeps the fleas away and u dont use fronline at all?ย  its just norman lost all his hair on his ears and head when the cat got them a few years back and would want that to happen again ๐Ÿ™‚
    [/quote]

Anonymous

hahaha val I was going to say not sure on the cat situation ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 544 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees โ€“ ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime