Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Hello from Leicestershire

Home Archive Forums General Category Introductions Hello from Leicestershire

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    kizkiznobite

ps… 😉 ginette says hello  🙂

Izzie

::) :-X :-X :-X

Jon Buoy

Well I’ve had warmer welcomes, but thanks.  ::)

As some of you noted I have become involved with a club dedicated to improving knowledge about these particular cross-breeds and in doing so, have learned a great deal about the potential pitfalls of owning these dogs. It is not a decision we have come to lightly and I am happy with our choice of dog and breeder. I agree that there are bad breeding practices associated with many cross-breeds and yes there are ignorant owners, but there are too in other pedigree breeds. 

As my initial post said, I had hoped to get some recommendations for vets in the Leicester / Loughborough area.  As has been pointed out, I will also need a good groomer and puppy training classes, so if anyone has any recommendations for these too, I’d be pleased to hear.

Jon

Jon Buoy

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=16317.msg284056#msg284056 date=1328642619]
    ps… 😉 ginette says hello  🙂
    [/quote]
    Now I’m confused  :confused:  Do I know you?  I’ve sent you a PM anyway
    Jon

kizkiznobite

have replied..

vets

Cockburn Group
    100 London Road, Coalville, Leicestershire LE67 3JD
    01530 836654 ‎

Jon Buoy

thanks Bev

Mrs R

Hi, I own two Cockapoo’s and a Parson Russell. My 2 Cockapoo girls are a huge part of our family, I also live in leicestershire and I go to a dog agility club with both of them, Kizzy is 2 and is black with a white flash on her neck and chin and Nell is my 4 month old pup and is pure chocolate. They are both bright and are fantastic at agility. I competed at EMDAC on Sunday with Kizzy and she won 2 1sts, a 4th and 5th. She works because she wants to please, she is never further than a few feet away from me. They are great with my 2 young children and dont moult, as I have them clipped regularly they are not hard to groom. As with any other dog they take some research o find the right breed and breeder, but I am sure you will not be disappointed  🙂 good luck.
    My dog club also do a group dog walk that I take part in, Cockapoo’s are very social dogs and love people.

Gracie

sorry I know its an old thread am having a look at the cockapoo GB website. It says they hypoallergenic, as poodles are and cockapoos inherit this characteristic, and if you have allergies to spend a day with an adult cockapoo, but surly that would only serve to show you are not allergic to THAT dog not all cocker poos, just look as the page that shows all the different ways a cockapoo can look… feel it is misleading as a cockapoo has as much chance of inheriting the cocker coat as poodle.
    Suz do Am Cockers shed?

Mine dont shed particularly – though there coats are carded out weekly – but even if i leave it they dotn drop coat much – however i find wit all spaniels, some shed more than others…………i groomed 2 cockers today – one leaves hair EVERYWHERE the other, nothing …………..

Gracie

Thanks Suz

Val

I think a lot depends on the breeding of both the poodle and the cocker as they have no pedigree it’s hard to tell until you own them, like Suz I have two cockers I do the bitch spayed has a lovely coat, the dog entire has a coat like a haystack we both groom poodles with good and bad coats.

I do a lot of these crosses the stories would take a page or two to write.
    What most people put up is that they have wonderful temperament I say of course they do as both poodles and cockers are happy go lucky breeds.

But at the end of the day most buyers have no idea about maintenance of the coat or the cost this dogs as mostly not health checked and some that I have groomed have had an early death or a lot of eye problems

As for them being hypoallergenic again rubbish some are some are not also a lot of people with allergies are not allergic to dog hair they have an allergy to the dog dander.
    Val

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime