Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Help, food agression

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    dilly

Don’t have a scanner. Sister has one, but on holiday till next week. Could get it faxed tomorrow? All seems a lot of bother for you. Misty is trimming his hair in 2 weeks could get her to read it properly to save you any bother

Anonymous

Haven’t got a fax machine it’s no bother I am interested in all pedigree’s

[quote author=dilly link=topic=11920.msg229545#msg229545 date=1215635541]
    Don’t have a scanner. Sister has one, but on holiday till next week. Could get it faxed tomorrow? All seems a lot of bother for you. Misty is trimming his hair in 2 weeks could get her to read it properly to save you any bother
    [/quote]

dilly

Gave him a chew doing mine/leave until he finished it and he was fine. Gave him another one on way to work yesterday, did mine/leave for a bit then left him with it. He didn’t growl when I went into room but I could see him watching me as usual and think he probably would growl if I went near him. Didn’t want to try so soon. If he does growl in the future should I ignore him or do something. I will keep doing the mine/leave. He has never had a problem with me doing that with dinner or chews, but leave him with it and he turns into the devil. Maybe he will change in time, but I don’t know what my reaction should be if and when he does growl. I really would like to leave him with chews when I go to work.

dilly

He was being really hyper last night did the mine yours with a gong with peanut butter, he was fine, then I gave him the last wee bit to himself. He sat growling at me for about 10 minutes until he finished it. He didn’t pee pee himself. Its horrible why he’s like that. Will keep doing mine/ yours but I do think he’ll always be good until left alone and its scary if my partners children are over. He is taking the joy out of having a dog. He’s never been mis treated. His grumpyness is getting out of order.

Anonymous

So you have given him something on his own without the leave it in place.
    Thats a step bakwards as he growled and you left him to finish it.

dilly

I did ths mine/yours/leave it with him but as soon as he has got it you can’t go near him to take it off him

Anonymous

Thats because the leave it is no where near in place, everytime you let him growl about food that you cannot take away from him the more he wins to him it’s become the norm.
    Why don’t to put him on a lead so that you have some control in case he won’t leave.
    But really you need a leave it, sometimes dogs pick up allsorts of things when they are out you need to do a leave it that is 110% in place before you leave him with anything
    Val

[quote author=dilly link=topic=11920.msg229986#msg229986 date=1215891434]
    I did ths mine/yours/leave it with him but as soon as he has got it you can’t go near him to take it off him
    [/quote]

dilly

When he is out I can take out whatever is in his mouth and he never growls, its only in the house, but I know what you mean. When we’re out I’ve got to take it out his mouth because he won’t give it up so I’ll practice that. Thanks Val you’ve been really patient

what happens if you feed him in the garden?? other rooms??

Anonymous

Thats why you have to get the leave as you say he won’t give it up  😮 whatever happened in the house to make him growl did not happen outside the home as he will let you take it, inside the house he has learn’t that to growl means YOU will leave him to it.
    Teach the leave it with anything toys food just so that he learns leave it means leave it.

[quote author=dilly link=topic=11920.msg229991#msg229991 date=1215892546]
    When he is out I can take out whatever is in his mouth and he never growls, its only in the house, but I know what you mean. When we’re out I’ve got to take it out his mouth because he won’t give it up so I’ll practice that. Thanks Val you’ve been really patient
    [/quote]

dilly

outside is fine, never fed him in another room, could try but think it’s a `left alone` thing that he gets possesive in the home. Because its usually just us I think he thinks he’s the boss. I do all the usual things, eat first, enter and leave first, ignore when I come in, not allowed in bedrooms or sofa. He is like a jekyl and hyde for no reason

dilly

Ok, one last question then I’ll do as I am told. Can I give him a chew when he is left alone when I go to work. I do think he needs something as his back teeth will be coming in and it keeps him occupied, saves the furniture getting it hee hee

Anonymous

I would say not until you are going though the door at least that way he’s not growling when you are around, he needs to be left with a butchers bone not chews they do not last long enough plus most of them are utter crap unless you make your own
    Val

dilly

might wait till I give him a bone or something big like that.A couple of weeks ago I left him with a ball rawhide (didn’t know they weren’t good for him) and when I came back home because it wasn’t finished he growled when I came too close to it.

Anonymous

Buy a slip lead so that you can loop his head, then you will have control

[quote author=dilly link=topic=11920.msg230054#msg230054 date=1215943108]
    might wait till I give him a bone or something big like that.A couple of weeks ago I left him with a ball rawhide (didn’t know they weren’t good for him) and when I came back home because it wasn’t finished he growled when I came too close to it.
    [/quote]

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime