Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Help, food agression

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    dilly

Thanks Val, will do. Got step kids over for couple of days, hopefully he’ll behave himself.

would be interested to know how he behaves if fed in garden or another room…………

dilly

He’s had chews in other room and garden and does not like you going near him, don’t know about his dinner.

Misty23

Jackie, that was a slip lead I handed in to you

kizkiznobite

you are moving it on to fast – you need to do the yours and mine to fluency – until you can put the bone/ear on the floor at your feet and let it go and still do the mine yours
    by allowing him to have one on his own like this then you are setting him up for an extinction – you are teaching him that he doesnt growl when you are holding – giving etc but he can at other times

there is a vid on here somewhere with me doing this with nacho – mudge’s weim – except we both on the floor and we are passing a lamb bone mouth to mouth…you have to build it up slowly and not allow the dog to break the cue at each stage you are at – you have to get fluency through the criterias

GSPmad

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=11920.msg230200#msg230200 date=1216015258]
    you are moving it on to fast – you need to do the yours and mine to fluency – until you can put the bone/ear on the floor at your feet and let it go and still do the mine yours
    by allowing him to have one on his own like this then you are setting him up for an extinction – you are teaching him that he doesnt growl when you are holding – giving etc but he can at other times

there is a vid on here somewhere with me doing this with nacho – mudge’s weim – except we both on the floor and we are passing a lamb bone mouth to mouth…you have to build it up slowly and not allow the dog to break the cue at each stage you are at – you have to get fluency through the criterias
    [/quote]

https://www.resources.dogclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=4964.msg75624#msg75624

link in the first post.  😉

dilly

Watched the video, very good. My past dogs would have done that but not Dylan. Will keep doing the leave it with him. If he does get something and he won’t give it up, and has slip lead on, do I not say anything and put him out room then remove the object? or should I check him in some way.

Anonymous

You should never check a dog just praise the good and ignore the bad.
    I only suggested the slip as a way of getting out of a problem but really if you have worked on the leave and you have been hand feeding him everything he should of got the idea by now.
    Think you need a visit from Bev I don’t have the depth of knowledge on training that she does as I have never owned one dog so therfore all my other dogs teach any new ones I only fine tune my lot, my Jazz would have squashed him like a bone by now and the pekes well he would be grovelling for a crumb  ;D
    Val

dilly

Thanks Val, would love a visit from Bev. Will keep trying, your advise has been great.

kizkiznobite

if about to get it it ‘leave’
    if already have it it ‘dead’ or the ‘give’
    i also teach ‘spit it out’

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime