Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Help! he’s driving me mad!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Thanks claire, (hope baby is well), get the jest of it 😉

Kiz I love your dads lingo, did he publish a book? ;D

kizkiznobite

it’s in 4 dozen boxes on bits of paper in my spare room and attic – i call it my archives hehe – a spade was always a spade and a shovel was for moving s..t ;D

Anonymous

You could earn millions, divide it into 20 books and your laughing ;D

kizkiznobite

it would take me months to edit the language, translate his short hand, make sure all the folks he slagged off were no longer with us or think of name changes in order not to get sued, get my mothers permission and then argue with all my sisters on royalty rights.

Anonymous

You make me laugh!!!

I’m sure you have hes humour ;D

kizkiznobite

well according to my mother i got all the bad stuff from him and the good stuff from her so yeah i guess i have his sense of humour ;D ;D

Anonymous

I have never worked it out ;D
    charityuk
    Hallo and welcome I have to say all dogs go through that nutty disobedient teenage stage I have always gone back to basics, maybe that was what you were saying but I found it very hard to follow what you have written
    Val

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=2487.msg23049#msg23049 date=1141047558]
    haha – i can’t seem to learn how to use the quote function either ;D
    [/quote]

charityuk

Piglet
    let out into garden = exciting
    staying out in garden = exciting
    coming in = boring

Charity
    Yes thats it but the problem these days is that everyone keeps talking about “reward” “punishment” “negative” & “positive” so I put it in those terms –

– Basicaly anything any animal likes doing is – “Positivly reinforced” by each occurence making repetition more likley …as, as piglet says, coming in would be boring ( punishing)

If you actualy CALL HIM – that is teaching him to ignore/disobey you if he refuses = disobedeince.
    becomes a ‘reward behaviour’.

Personaly I rarely use any of the words becaue they are being misused so widely these days.

Hmm, I’ve had a really long day at work whilst Smurph had been home all day with Daddy and I’m totally confused LOL It doesn’t take much !!  😀

Bev: Who were you asking if the dog cocked his leg yet? I understood that bit  😉

kizkiznobite

i was asking crazy following the original post – cocking the leg is a sign that puberty has commenced

Harvey

I am also having similar problems have a 7 month old male, who is perfect at recall in the house, garden and at training class, but once outside at the beach or park, he suddenly forgets you exist, and loses his hearing.  He does not respond to toys, or smelly food (liver cake yum!) or even when you hide, he doesnt even notice your gone (though owners of other dogs certainly do notice you have high tailed it away from him.)  can anyone help!!

Bev

quote :

cocking the leg is a sign that puberty has commenced

Murphy occasionally lifts his leg now (not very high) but you can tell he’s doing it.  Isn’t he a bit young for puberty (he was 6 months old yesterday (Monday)????

crazyfrog339

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=2487.msg23023#msg23023 date=1141036399]
    has he started to cock his leg to pee?
    [/quote]
    Not yet no. should that be happening now?

Crazy Frog – how old is he then?

crazyfrog339

10 months.
    The rope thing for the garden works if he goes out alone.  if the others go with him he trips them up with it (on perpose) when they are trying to come in when called!  so he’s out alone now!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime