Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

How much ?

Home Archive Forums Dogs Basic Dog Training How much ?

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Mudgie

let your husband feed him for a week – will change the dynamics completely  😉

Anonymous

yes they are injected for parvo, we were advised to get a jab for just parvo at 16 weeks because apparently its rife in the area the last few years. Dont know how true this is though as my mum lives in the same area but goes to a different vets and she wasnt told about it  :-\

The 1st and 2nd jab here in the uk is against parvo aswell as everything else, but we are told they can go out 2 weeks after 2nd jab. Val says after 7 days so we will definatley be have a little trip out on saturday.

Where do you live?

any more pics of scooby?  ;D ;D

puppyblues

Ok will get hubby to feed him thanks 🙂
    We are in Canada. Moved here from uk about 4 years ago.
    I put some pics on the new puppy bit.
    What part of uk are you from?
    Yippee that means I can walk Scooby :))))

Anonymous

;D

we live in leeds  🙂

puppyblues

Scooby scratches at the door to go back in the house. Would it work to cue this and get him to do it to let me know he needs to go pee? Does it work both ways?

Mudgie

he scratching to say he finished and wants in

nacho gives me the “look” when he needs out then walks slow motion to the door – if I miss the look then he makes a sweep noise.  :whistle:

Just keep taking him out saying do wee wee and when he does it say wee wee – it doesnt take long – you just need to be consistent.

puppyblues

He goes pretty much on cue outside. But I take him out after naps play and feeding. But if I was to leave him a little to long he sneaks off and does it in the corner. I just wish he would give me a indication. My other dogs have been trained in a week. 🙁
    Goes all night in his crate without needing to go 🙂

xtine

[quote author=puppyblues link=topic=14558.msg270854#msg270854 date=1249313506]
    Scooby scratches at the door to go back in the house. Would it work to cue this and get him to do it to let me know he needs to go pee? Does it work both ways?
    [/quote]

We taught Fritz to do this.. worked fine at home cause we have a glass back door  :ok: he now does it when he wants in or out

However, mum is not too pleased about him doing it to her oak ones  :boooo: something to bear in mind…  😉

puppyblues

Lol I bet. Thank you.

Diesel73

Advantage of owning bigger breeds….. I always teach them how to open doors. Except Diesdog  ::) , he tought himself by copying Wodan. They go out when they need to, and come back in when want to. Just closing doors always has to be on command. They won’t do thàt out of their own  :sleepy: .

puppyblues

Thats great Diesel although I am still working on that with the kids  ;D

So how did you teach them?

kizkiznobite

when you are taking him to the door after nap etc…say ‘want out’ …pause at door and say ‘want out’ again he will look at you and look at door…good want out …as he looks at door and then open it…..when he come back and hits door to come in…want in? food want in as you let him in….it an opposite…and on off switch…he will then start to go to the door to ask to go out…in time he will add a noisyl ask of some sort or another..either a bang, a whimper, a seal noise (cuberts  ::) ) somefolk have a bell hanging on the door knob….

puppyblues

Thank you. Now I get it 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime