Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

I have a bit of a problem!

Home Archive Forums Dogs Advanced Dog Training I have a bit of a problem!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    *Nat*

;D  ;D  ;D

😀 😀 😀 yep i think i agree with you Nat

*Nat*

Dropped boys at footie tonight then walked round the park with my friend and her Beagle. I took Piper’s ball as she knows Roxie and they get on fine. Well we had a good walk  ;D She did her usual 2 barks when getting her ball  ::) There were quite alot of dogs there, a GSD came running over to her with it’s own ball in its mouth and Piper took no notice  🙂 She warned off an 18 week old Lab Pup but that’s what she usually does, just warned it and it went away – he was lovely actually  ;D Piper went to retrieve her ball at one point and a Retriever went waltzing over to sniff her bum, she just stood there, ball on the floor, I did say “leave it” then “here” and she picked up her ball and came running over to me  🙂 I was a happy bunny with her tonight  ;D

kizkiznobite

sounds like you sorted the problem…. 🙂

*Nat*

Well makes it look like I didn’t have one now  ::) The test will be when the kids are walking with me again  :-\

kizkiznobite

not at all nat…what you done is re-enforced cues at the lower criterias…adding the boys is testing the learning… 🙂

*Nat*

So I need to re-enforce the lower criterias more for a while before introducing the boys again?

kizkiznobite

mmm..not really as you done that bit….ok a bit hard tio explain as i havnt seen exactly what the prob is…but the way this stuff goes and the way remodification takes place is…..

lets say the boys and another resource is criteria 5++++++ so it now needs moving forward…

so….what i would do is add boys with a known dog so 5+…then boys with a known dog plus other resource so 5++, then maybe 1 boy plus a dog known but not over friendly with so 5+++….ok with me? until you build it up to the full 5++++++……ok?

*Nat*

Yep ok, just do it gradually  🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime