Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

I’m about to give up

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs I’m about to give up

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Awww Nick sorry your having such a hard time with the whole finding decent clubs thing  :'( dont give up  :-*

Wags I hope Joe is ok  😮  :-*

wags

yeh

im a lune member  😀

went back up this morning to check the tent was safe (its a massive trailer tent – and we shoved it all together and ran for it)

the portaloos had blown over
    the marque wasnt in a good way
    a huge tree in the camping area had blown over
    most of the equipment had blown over even though it was all pegged down

it was horrid  :'(

Anonymous

yep I heard  :-*not nice seen it happen loads of time

[quote author=wags link=topic=11835.msg225914#msg225914 date=1214157760]
    yeh

im a lune member  😀

went back up this morning to check the tent was safe (its a massive trailer tent – and we shoved it all together and ran for it)

the portaloos had blown over
    the marque wasnt in a good way
    a huge tree in the camping area had blown over
    most of the equipment had blown over even though it was all pegged down

it was horrid  :'(
    [/quote]

Diesel73

I know what you mean Nick. Been there in simular position. Still upsets me when i think back  >:( . Can’t find 1 decent herdingclub within do-able distance that alows any other breed of dog than a Border collie  ::) . We are Belgian and all herdingclubs here only alow an English breed. Belgian breeds that are maaaaade to herd not aload…….  ???

Waggie!  😮  ……

*Nick*

Diesel, no wait, Damian! that’s absolutely ridiculous but honestly it doesn’t surprise me.  If I had a Labrador I’d have no problem finding a club.  there must be belgian breed clubs for Groenies, don’t they do herding or are they show oriented?

I’ve had no responses to my training partner inquiries as of yet  🙁

Diesel73
    quote :

there must be belgian breed clubs for Groenies, don’t they do herding or are they show oriented?

Oh we got breedclubs alright. But they are indeed show oriented, for meetingdays, for ‘newcomers’ into the breed to guide them to respectable breeders, for info on the breed etc etc. But herding, nope  ::) .
    We teach them on the farm to work. But just for fun or on competitionlevel…. We’re left out  😛 . Found one that did take Belgian… but to far away from me  ::) .

wags

[quote author=Diesel73 link=topic=11835.msg226674#msg226674 date=1214416966]
    Waggie!  😮  ……
    [/quote]

WHHHHATTTTT its not my fault  😉

what about finding a trainer in herding ?

i dont really think there are training clubs for that sort of thing – you can find seperate trainers who will teach you and your dog

Diesel73

[quote author=wags link=topic=11835.msg226807#msg226807 date=1214429845]
    [quote author=Diesel73 link=topic=11835.msg226674#msg226674 date=1214416966]
    Waggie!  😮  ……
    [/quote]

WHHHHATTTTT its not my fault  😉

what about finding a trainer in herding ?

i dont really think there are training clubs for that sort of thing – you can find seperate trainers who will teach you and your dog
    [/quote]
    I know it is not your fault  :-* .

We got herdingclubs here alright. With competitionlevels. Was thinking about that. Little thing in my head, how would my boys do, and how would they do with sheep as they are totaly different from birds, such things  😉 . But … Either have to swap my boys for Borders  and can get to training with actual real sheep on weekly basis, or you keep your breed train them in your back yard with your own sheep. Perhaps if you look around you could find a trainer around here or 2 that are willing to work with you to train your dog how to herd sheep. The only tiny little problem would be that the trainer doesn’t even know the back from the front of the sheep  ::) .
    For the real job you train them on the farm. Or you buy a pretty dog, joint the borderclub and do it there but many many many of those dogs don’t have a job during the rest of the week  :-\ .

I would have done it just for fun too.

wags
    GSPmad

[quote author=Diesel73 link=topic=11835.msg226948#msg226948 date=1214509477]
    Little thing in my head, how would my boys do, and how would they do with sheep as they are totaly different from birds, such things  😉

The only tiny little problem would be that the trainer doesn’t even know the back from the front of the sheep  ::) .
    [/quote]

one – i can guess.  😀

two – something your dogs don’t seem to have a problem with.  ;D ;D ;D

sorry, just couldn’t resist that one, you walked straight into it.  😀

Diesel73

[quote author=wags link=topic=11835.msg226962#msg226962 date=1214511620]
    http://www.lakedistrictsheepdogexperience.co.uk/sheepdogexperience.htm

i mean something like this  😉

[/quote]
    What we have here is kind of both of what i said and the link you gave. The link got max. 4 persons. Here is like thàt but with more owners and dogs. And here is little different, cause they do competition as well. (i thought you meant private trainer  😉 ) But when i was looking never any other dog alload than Border  :-\ ….

My former vet used to be a member of the closest club to us. The other clubs are to far away for ‘just’ training. She quite, bought her own sheep and kept working her dogs like by herself. Partly left because she got into numerous discussions because there were more and more people-like me who weren’t alload in-  protesting that it always ‘borders only’. But… boardmembers naturalement border people or they would not even be a member in the first place. And they obivously want to keep it that way  😛 . It is sad  🙁 .
    I only heard once that there was a club that alload other breeds. But you already got to have a trained dog and take tests to be able to enter. 1 Groenendaelergirl made it. It was also the only ‘other breed’ that made it.
    What’s the point than  ??? . You want to teach them something, but if no Border you got to show up with an already fully trained dog  >:( .

[quote author=GSPmad link=topic=11835.msg226986#msg226986 date=1214514089]
    [quote author=Diesel73 link=topic=11835.msg226948#msg226948 date=1214509477]
    Little thing in my head, how would my boys do, and how would they do with sheep as they are totaly different from birds, such things  😉

The only tiny little problem would be that the trainer doesn’t even know the back from the front of the sheep  ::) .
    [/quote]

one – i can guess.  😀

two – something your dogs don’t seem to have a problem with.  ;D ;D ;D

sorry, just couldn’t resist that one, you walked straight into it.  😀
    [/quote]

😮 Now my heart skipped a beat. Woman can you be mean  >:D . (good on though, didn’t see it coming hahaha  😀 )

GSPmad

;D

couldn’t you try and set a club up yourself and find a trainer diesel? surely there must be enough BSDs and herding breeds that aren’t borders in belgium to get enough interest?  :-\

Diesel73

[quote author=GSPmad link=topic=11835.msg227465#msg227465 date=1214775147]
    ;D

couldn’t you try and set a club up yourself and find a trainer diesel? surely there must be enough BSDs and herding breeds that aren’t borders in belgium to get enough interest?  :-\
    [/quote]
    Could perhaps do that but….. pfff… brings along loads of work i can’t have right now. Am a boardmember of 2 clubs already, 1 i do the publicrelations, the other i’m recently made chairman. Taking looooads of my time. Lucky that school’s done now for 2 months. Or that takes a lot of my time too. Although now it’s fruitseason and thàt’s taking my time  ::) .
    But who knows, perhaps in the future. It’s not a bad idea  😉 .

Now Diesel you KNOW youd go crazy if you had nothing to do  😉  :-*

Diesel73

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=11835.msg227971#msg227971 date=1215026461]
    Now Diesel you KNOW youd go crazy if you had nothing to do  😉  :-*
    [/quote]
    Uhm  ::) ….. True  😀  :-*  .

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime