Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Importing dogs

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Izzie

oh, she got 2 girls expecting  :-\

kizkiznobite

the site isnt easy…not being english etc…but…she got a dog on there…to the right in the photo gallery…i think if i reading it right that it one of their first girls…doG she looks like my polly  😮  said to mo…who is this then…she said that polly on the windsor shoot lol

the girls are really nice…the boys are a bit…errm…they nice long backed…good proportion…the coats too silky for me and the heads weak…but they have good bone good ribs and good haw…the pups show real potential ..they stocky well boned at birth and bright…thats where i mean re raising them…that lado that looks like percy…loses the ‘butch’ look as he grows…he not been fed right and over exercised…those pup pics in snow  :-*  :-*  made me i want i want lol but wouldnt have had pup on a step in snow …not even for a photo shoot  x and as much as i would want to…i wouldnt stress a bitch in whelp while she actually giving birth either…but…those new born pups are to die for…can see the length they going to be…

i know what you mean re ? ? front leg bone…but…that a heavy boned pup before weight goes on …they sort of knobbly knees ish look at cubes pup pics…

hard decision hun…
    xxx

Bev a quetion if its not hijacking too much – your breed are bred to be long in the ebody yes? why is that? I ak for good reason – someone i know with american cocker, been in breed a while has a real thing for short backs – which i know they dont like our breed ot be too long but i have to say see the latest pup move – it crabs when it runs cos in my opinion it simply hasnt got enough room to move its legs in the right position – dont get me wrong looks beautiful when stacked lovely topline-  which it then loses the second its not being stacked in position-  yet i have at times been slated over the fact dex is a bit longer in length but he can move freely………. ( ps not dexters breeder im talking about here lol)

kizkiznobite

it about the proportion required for the gait…. for the body mass to be economically used effectively for a hard days work…short backed dogs dont gait…many show folk have a thing about the gait  ::) have heard all sorts of rubbish about it…as in gait is about bad hips etc etc……think that their excuse for having a crap dog TBH lol…..clumbers in gait move on the opposite diagonal….claire took that pick if you rememeber of ami in full gait…captured it perfectly…..it makes the body roll which causes the full use as in the ‘physics’ of joint power …(think a 4 x 4 on rough ground lol)…and reduces the use of the neck muscles which can ‘rest’ during serious body movement…….they are water dogs too and need to move and turn in water at a paced steady speed with little water displacement…i have a vid somewhere of cubes swimming and actually turning on a dummy for pick up…he doesnt even hesitate…or alter speed from the point he starts the outswim.. swim.. on a u turn grab… and return…no splashing or springer labrador manic stuff..a short backed dog would take up far more energy/calories…newfies too do it…again bred for deep water work

http://judgesl.com/Clumber/clumber.htm

this site shows how the proportions look odd when back is short…look at the pic that is highlighted as a short back…look at the neck and how it alters the chest depth and what happens to the ears…then look at the young bitch…the comment is would like longer…i agree just try and imagine her with another couple of inches..what it would have done for her ribs and top line

dont know much about american cockers…val will know more but i do prefer the longer backed ones…

Will come back in a bit to look at the link – thanks bev, but all makes sense thank you  🙂

Izzie

Bumping this up, anyone know the rough cost of importing?

2nd litter, again  a singleton pup, bitch , what would that mean in terms of future plans?

kizkiznobite

had a client 18 months ago….imported a brac from italy…6 month old girlie…jeez was i jealous haha my second fave breed…that i have never had and always wanted  ::)  called her today and asked…total…flight…vacs etc etc…£782

Izzie

not as bad as I thought.

I dont know, she offered me pup from the second litter, one with the father with the odd lookng back leg..

kizkiznobite

has she said why he has an odd back leg? injury…???

Izzie

to be honest, her english isnt very good so she hasnt really replied.

mum not been scored from the looks of it, dad got C/C

kizkiznobite

mmmm…well i would put together a list of questions…translate using a google translator…and ..well ask  🙂

Izzie

Will do!

Val

Sorry to burst your bubble Izzie but why are you looking at another unscored bitch with a dog C.C score with funny back leg and a singleton pup you will be lucky to have any change out of £2.000 so whats the rush wait for another litter with scored hips both side more than one pup and no wonky leg  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JMHO

Izzie

Oops forgot to update

her answer
    Julia – is tested on elbows result – 0 / 0 – hip – A / – PRA genetic test – clean, PDP1 – genetic test clean

but my worry is that she had a singleton pup (should I breed from her later)

Am talking to a few breeders, including Jackie C

Monetary wise, it will be very expensive for an older pup as she would have to be over 3 months old :-\

Diesel73

[quote author=Diesel73 link=topic=16133.msg282039#msg282039 date=1321786983]
    [quote author=Izzie link=topic=16133.msg281932#msg281932 date=1321535345]
    Just wondering  ;D
    [/quote]
    Rotflol, yeah suuuuuuuure  :yes: bwahahahaha. Izzie is not wondering, me thinks…. She is thinking/planning/looking at options bwahahaha. :tease:
    [/quote]
    Can’t help it, have to say it  :yes: ….TOLD YOU SO! Hehehe, i was right hahahaha ;D

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime