Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Kiz… crate in the car help

Home Archive Forums General Category General Discussion Kiz… crate in the car help

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    xtine

nope.. he doesn’t…  :-\

your telling me shoulda seen his face when he came here last time and honey wasnt here – talk about gutted  😀

you may borrow honey anytime  :tease:  :ok:

But still have no evidence as to naughty Fritz – i think he just exists in your minds  😉

kizkiznobite

i didnt say he was naughty…he just….fritz ish… ;D

xtine

😀 he definitelt Fritz-ish  :yes: :yes:

;D I like that – Fritzish  ;D

xtine

the  longer we’ve had hi the more I have realised that it is all about us.. not him.. so his reactions are based on our actions / reactions.. I know, you prob banging head now Kiz  :embarrass:
    want to avoid it all being an issue.. if he thinks I think it’s an issue, he will too…..?

kizkiznobite

condition the crate hun…and dont take him in new car until you have …as in dont take him in new car not in crate…or you will get an extinction…as in well the last time i came in this car….do both car and crate as a whole new experience that is all linked up …ok? with me

xtine

yep with you  :yes:

kizkiznobite

good luck….let us know how it goes  🙂

xtine

shall do, thanks  :-*  :-*

xtine

Bev… update for you

We kinda didn’t do it quite your way..  :embarrass: but for good reasons  :yes:
    Friytz detested the crate we had in the house, so we decided that bringing it in would be oo much for him.. so..
    this is what we have done:
    Yesterday morning I took him down to the car with some cheese.. let him sniff and opened boot, he jumped up into the boot fine .. click treat scenario going on here.. then I would throw cheese into the crate and click as he got it… he found his new toy so we had a play and then left it at that

Went down again later on.. same deal, click and treat nice and easy and then he lay down in it  ;D

Later on again .. more of the sarme, in the crate click treat.. lay down in it clicking and treating and then closed the gate and fed him through the bars

Did that again last night

So that’s where we’re at today…
    he now very keen to go to the car and doesn’t seem to phased by the crate … more work to be done today  :ok:

kizkiznobite

well done….. 🙂  if he wants the run out he will get the idea  🙂

xtine

was wondering what we do about shutting the boot? anything we can do there? Had thought about shutting it and feeding through from the back seat  –  BUT don’t want him to think we’ll be travelling on the back seat all the time..

what do you think for next step?
    Maybe boot shut engine running?

kizkiznobite

diffuse it as you would for anxiety…shut boot get in front have ruffle about pretending to look for stuff…open boot reward…etc ect build it up…then engine…then out again then engine then reverse etc etc…build the criteria up

xtine

:-* lovely jubbly.. all clear thanks  :-*  :-*

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime