Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Labradoodle, Schnoodle, Cockapoo, Spoodle, Yorkiepoo

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Labradoodle, Schnoodle, Cockapoo, Spoodle, Yorkiepoo

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 427 total)
  • Author
    carlar9

We raise Yorkies and Dachshunds and we have often joked about accidently creating a Dorky. Well guess what. They actually sell them. I ran across them on the internet and couldn’t believe it

::) Theres always someone breeding some kind of crossbreed!

Smokes

Mum and dad have 2 lovely cross breeds who are both rescue dogs.
    We have Rosie who is a staffie x border terrier so is that a boffie or a stader?!
    and we have Dexter a jack russel x basset hound so is that a jasset or a bassel?!?!
    Both are lovely dogs with lovely temperments.

Em

Dougy used to be a Dougydoodle Boxerdoodle

How wierd would that look. Markings and shape of a boxer but a poodles fur.

macagyp

Why breed crosses for no reason??

Sorry but ‘Designer Dogs’ do my head in! As owner of two mixies I understand why they don’t see it as a problem, but I would never breed for any purpose other than to work or show – why bother with Labradoodles? I know some do Hearing Dog work but uuurrrghhh!!

Am I the only one annoyed by this? 😮

xtine

[quote author=macagyp link=topic=214.msg167269#msg167269 date=1188339363]
    Why breed crosses for no reason??

[/quote]

Ignorance, selfishness and £$£$£$£$£$£$£$£$£  ::)  >:D

lillymoon

My first proper post!!

I also dont like the designer dog thing, too many in rescues that are great to rehome.

We got our lollies ( lab/collie) from a very disreputable so called sanctuary, the only reason we got them from there was to save them from the misery of being 3 pups to one cat basket >:D.

The place was rank…….smelt of pee, poo and vomit. Absolutely filthy, there was a  parrot was in a large cage with at least 8″ of soil in the bottom of the cage.

We did report the place but dont know if anything happened.

So thats why we have 2 instead of the 1 that we intended to get, I cant imagine what thier fate would have been if we hadnt rescued them.

I wish we could have rescued more :'(

Anonymous

Totally agree with you, as for the rescue kennels I would of followed it up thats the only way to make sure these places are made to do the job right or get shut
    Val

[quote author=lillymoon link=topic=214.msg169438#msg169438 date=1189208419]
    My first proper post!!

I also dont like the designer dog thing, too many in rescues that are great to rehome.

We got our lollies ( lab/collie) from a very disreputable so called sanctuary, the only reason we got them from there was to save them from the misery of being 3 pups to one cat basket >:D.

The place was rank…….smelt of pee, poo and vomit. Absolutely filthy, there was a  parrot was in a large cage with at least 8″ of soil in the bottom of the cage.

We did report the place but dont know if anything happened.

So thats why we have 2 instead of the 1 that we intended to get, I cant imagine what thier fate would have been if we hadnt rescued them.

I wish we could have rescued more :'(
    [/quote]

lillymoon

Hi Val

We did ring the RSPCA 3times after we first reported it, but nobody knew anything. We did try to no avail, I know the righht thing would have been not to have the pups in the first place….they were £65 each.

But Im sure they would have been sold to anyone who came up with the cash. No vacs or anything for that either!! AND the pups had mange, fleas, the runs for the first 6 months of thier lives

But in all fairness we really could not leave them there. I just wish we could have had thier brother too we just couldnt afford another 65 quid

It does make me very sad to think of all the animals that get badly treated and abused as I sit typing this.

Anonymous

I do understand how you felt good on you for helping the one you could get out always the best place to report this sort of thing is there local council the enviomental officer and then the RSPCA I find if you do them last but tell them you have reported it to the council they sometimes go and have a look other than that the local papers either to report the RSPCA as they like only good publicity or the kennels as sometimes when the news is quiet they like something like that to publish
    Val

[quote author=lillymoon link=topic=214.msg169797#msg169797 date=1189377449]
    Hi Val

We did ring the RSPCA 3times after we first reported it, but nobody knew anything. We did try to no avail, I know the righht thing would have been not to have the pups in the first place….they were £65 each.

But Im sure they would have been sold to anyone who came up with the cash. No vacs or anything for that either!! AND the pups had mange, fleas, the runs for the first 6 months of thier lives

But in all fairness we really could not leave them there. I just wish we could have had thier brother too we just couldnt afford another 65 quid

It does make me very sad to think of all the animals that get badly treated and abused as I sit typing this.

[/quote]

lillymoon

I never thought about those alternatives Val. Thankyou for saying, although its a bit late now as I cant remember the name of the place….only that it was in peterborough.

But I will certainly know in future if I hear or see something that doesnt look right.

You’re so right about feeling good rescuing animals of any sort when you imagine what might have been for them.

Brainless

[quote author=Smokes link=topic=214.msg144629#msg144629 date=1179237056]
    Mum and dad have 2 lovely cross breeds who are both rescue dogs.
    We have Rosie who is a staffie x border terrier so is that a boffie or a stader?!
    and we have Dexter a jack russel x basset hound so is that a jasset or a bassel?!?!
    Both are lovely dogs with lovely temperments.
    [/quote]

|Probably a ‘Jeckel’ with that mix of traits 😀

Brainless

[quote author=Foxisle_crazy link=topic=214.msg98171#msg98171 date=1164372675]
    OMG check out this site http://www.puppyhavenkennel.com/index.htm and http://www.puppyhaven.biz/
    The second site is where they sell their puppies and you can fill out an order form for a puppy!  Look at the pics of the dogs with the captions xxx females being exposed to xxx male to make xxx  😮  >:(

[/quote]

Found this http://www.puppyhaven.biz/PuppyFiles/mini_stbernard.htm testimonial? on the site.  How can people be so thick, the dog is not as blurbed, has had a hereditary problem, yet she is happy to recommend this outfit!!!!!

“I was one of your lucky customers last year and received a beautiful Mini St Bernard, born Feb 25th, 2006. Since then, I have called your kennel and spoke with someone who was then the office manager, however I don’t remember it being Kari at the time.

My puppy had a case of cherry eye, in both eyes, and had to have surgery.  I called to let you all know this, because my vet told me it was hereditary.

Since then, my little guy has been great! I sent you all some photos, since you didn’t have any yet of a full grown Mini, but never heard back from you.  I would be happy to send some more, along with a great recommendation.  I only have one question, and it’s a question I’ve been asking since I got him. The description of a Mini says “non shedding”, but mine sheds constantly!  He’s already a year and a half old. Is this supposed to be puppy fur or should I expect him to keep shedding??  I would much appreciate a response, I have been recommending this breed to everyone in Manhattan.  They all stop to ask about him and I’m happy to tell them where I got him. But they notice how much he sheds, it’s all over my clothes:)

Here are some pictures of my little Gus!! He is a year and a half. I’m writing a letter all about him!  Did you get my email about his Cherry Eye?

Thanks!
    Rebecca”

Words fail me.

The pictures show a nice Mutt/Bitsa/Heinz 57/Mongrel that looks nothing like a Saint Bernard in a million years.

Anonymous

how totally mad !!!

I am the proud owner of the rarest ‘Jollie’ and ‘Bordet’ dogs

(they are available for breeding only to very very skilled experienced breeders  >:D >:D >:D)

Claire x

Brainless

I find it interesting that you rarely see pictures of adults of any of these crosses, because that would show that they were lacking any uniformity so people would realise that they w re no breeds, jut like the dogs in the rescue kennels., which they could adopt for a fraction of the cost.

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 427 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime