Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

letting off the lead

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    kizkiznobite

to use the clicker correctly and effectively you have to be able to think on your feet – i grew up with sheepdog whistles – working braces, but that easy by comparison to a good clicker user, it took me 45 years to discover it and 1 year to get fluent – wish it was around 45 years ago ;D

Anonymous

Recieved your email, thank you. Will read over them when I do the nightshift with my 4 month old son  😮 ;D

kizkiznobite

hehe read it out to him – will send him to sleep ;D

Anonymous

He might get hooked on it and become a trainer when he is older. Reading how well you are at it this cannot be a bad thing 😉

Following on from the barking posts yesterday, any idea when and if molly will start barking?
    She only barks once at my other dog to get out of the basket so she can get in, even though her basket is three times the size ;D Otherwise she is as quiet as a mouse, even when playing.

Anonymous

Thanks for the email Bev, did start reading it but can’t concentrate. My little girl woke up last night when we had a power cut and wouldn’t go back to bed til the lights came on again  ::) She’s scared of the dark. Anyway, I’m really tired so concentration is severely lacking  😀

kizkiznobite

some dogs are not heavy barkers – some only do it in the house – some only outside – the quiet ones usually speak strong body language and are good thinkers and weel focused – they think before they open mouth – my brose as always been like that -soooo easy to train – now ami – manic maud gobby mouth – she barks for britain (thats her in the recall pic on the clicker jargon sheet)  she a madam;D

Anonymous

I’ll swop ya my Eshia for your Molly ::)

[quote author=parker link=topic=2403.msg21769#msg21769 date=1140034965]
    He might get hooked on it and become a trainer when he is older. Reading how well you are at it this cannot be a bad thing 😉

Following on from the barking posts yesterday, any idea when and if molly will start barking?
    She only barks once at my other dog to get out of the basket so she can get in, even though her basket is three times the size ;D Otherwise she is as quiet as a mouse, even when playing.
    [/quote]

Anonymous

val, your Eshia is very beautiful and I am very tempted, already have one bark-aholic in the house and three noisey children so if molly wants to keep quiet then I am happy with that ;D ;D

Also have tried looking back in other posts and just wondered what a cube is ???  I forget the name of the other one.  Any help?? :-\

kizkiznobite

kongs – goody holders for when the dog is left – loads of filling ideas in the search engine

buster cubes – large dice cubes with a puzzle ladder inside – fill with kibble – the dog has to learn how to roll the dice to get the food to fall out

;D

Anonymous

Thanks, will look out for these 😀

Anonymous

She maybe a looker but she’s got a big gob  ::)

[quote author=parker link=topic=2403.msg21779#msg21779 date=1140036536]
    val, your Eshia is very beautiful and I am very tempted, already have one bark-aholic in the house and three noisey children so if molly wants to keep quiet then I am happy with that ;D ;D

Also have tried looking back in other posts and just wondered what a cube is ???  I forget the name of the other one.  Any help?? :-\
    [/quote]

Anonymous

Val, the more beautiful, the bigger the gob, they only get away with the big gob because they are beautiful ;D

kizkiznobite

parker, you mentioned in your original post that you could not walk the dog because of the pulling – i have recently been offering advice on this to cheddar so you may want to read and give it a go.

Anonymous

Thanks, have just got back in from giving molly her first walk since we got her ;D (my husband normally has to because of how strong she is >:D) BUT she mostly stayed along side me, a few tugs here and there but otherwise perfect. I stopped every now and again and she stopped, I waited and she sat. My husband looked so envious when I came past the window with her trotting beside me, usually he would see me flying across ;D ;D

Thanks for the advice, it looks like its working!

Anonymous

read that post for cheddar, good advice.

i’m off now to take the kids to the farm, then we are going to punish ourselves by looking in our local rescue home,knowing we cant have any of them. Still the dogs love it.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime