Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

licking itchy paw

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health licking itchy paw

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    xtine

Friotz is at his paw again.. lick lick lick, slurp slurp  :-\ there is a touch of redness but nothing else that I can see…
    is there a bath / wash i can do for him to ease the itching?

*Lassie*

When you know tell me – Tam is doing the same ::)
    Vet said bathe in warm salt water, we can’t see anything just pink from licking and chewing
    Tried Aloe Vera but he licked it off so used some old fashioned wound powder which keeps it dry and then he leaves it alone

xtine

shall do the salty water thing then  :ok: he ok until he either moves it or it is touched and then off he goes again  ::) shall keep an eye on it and do him in the morning  🙂

*Lassie*

Thought it could be an allergy but can’t be as it’s only one foot that gets the attention :confused: but he has arthritis in that wrist so maybe the toe joints are now affected 🙁

xtine

I think it might be allergy.. or a seed.. but he’s being a right fussy arse about me looking at it…  ::)

Need to flush his ear out too.. he been scratching that and yelping as he does it but won’t let mummy look  ::)

*Lassie*

Well he is MALE ::)

xtine

yep… they are the worst kind  >:D  😀

Mudgie

there will be the tinest of somefing stuck  ;D  nacho is a pain when this sort of stuff going on – do the premack stuff – mummy have a look, fritz get a goodie, mummy have a look, good fritz – fritz get goodie.  Bribery  ;D

I do lookie lookie lickie lickie – i get a look nacho gets lick of goose fat  ;D  soon forgets about being an awkward fusspot

xtine

😀 nice one Mudgie.. we have some fat or something suitably stinky  somewhere in the fridge  :ok:

Mudgie

something that has to be licked, cream cheese or goose fat or banana in kong – something that takes a bit of time  ;D

Get Richard to have licky stuff whilst you do lookie stuff  ;D

xtine

Fanks  ;D shall do that in the morning.. they both sparko on the floor  ::)

Mudgie

oh sparko on floor – sneaky sneaky rubbie rubbie lookie lookie – fritz that is not richard  ;D

xtine

have done the salt bath… he spent the whole time licking my hand  😀 was happy for me to soak it and clean it with salty cotton balls tho  :ok:

no hair hun? like last time – if hes still at it will have a look at the weekend – otherwise got any hibiscrub might help stop him.  :-*

See you sat hun – we got lots to talk about  :canadian:

xtine

will soak it again tonight… and looking forward to a good old catch up  :ok:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime