Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

matted coats

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs matted coats

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi Everyone
    Havn’t been on for a while been sooo busy, hope you are all well.

I have a question regarding a dog i went to groom last week. It was a cocker spaniel with some huge matts on its tummy and behind its front legs. I spent nearly 2 1/2 hours trying to remove them with combs and scissors but didnt manage to get rid of them all and i was getting concerned the dog was getting stressed out. I agreed with the owner i would come back and have another go and then finish his cut. I have not been grooming long and am just stuck on what to do to get rid of these matts  ???  :-\ any idea would be great.
    Thanks  🙂

Val

Any qualified groomer would not make such an ordeal for the dog I would have clipped it all off given the owner a big bill and an earful.
    So long since you were on the board I cannot remember if you are qualified or not if you are have you never used matt breakers?
    Val

[quote author=dogloverwoooo! link=topic=15457.msg277448#msg277448 date=1286733132]
    Hi Everyone
    Havn’t been on for a while been sooo busy, hope you are all well.

I have a question regarding a dog i went to groom last week. It was a cocker spaniel with some huge matts on its tummy and behind its front legs. I spent nearly 2 1/2 hours trying to remove them with combs and scissors but didnt manage to get rid of them all and i was getting concerned the dog was getting stressed out. I agreed with the owner i would come back and have another go and then finish his cut. I have not been grooming long and am just stuck on what to do to get rid of these matts  ???   :-\ any idea would be great.
    Thanks  🙂
    [/quote]

Yup agreed like i said earlier – find the number 10 blade !!

I see so many like this in my friends salon, the excuses can be endless and unbelievable.  The way i see it is if you let your dog get matted, you can’t complain when it has to be clipped!  Despite what some people expect, you aren’t a miracle worker  :agree:

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime