Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

natural/homecooked diet – including the now famous porridge …..

Home Archive Forums Sticky subjects Those questions that keep on getting asked natural/homecooked diet – including the now famous porridge …..

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 179 total)
  • Author
    .dodger.

i hope so too i’ve just got a big packet of pork ribs from stannington farm shop  :-X :-X

xtine

am looking on you tube… there are 27 vids that are related to this….  :-\

phew.. no worms  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X7rf21dB68&mode=related&search=
    this was a good one.. family experiment.. I love it when Dad drinks all the coke  😀

.dodger.

lol god when he said wait look! i nearly died! thought this horrible fat stumpy worn was gunna start crawling out! lol  :-X

lol the dad is so funny when he drinks it all! lol  😀

.dodger.
    travis

Ruby is having raw for breakfast small pieces of chicken,lamb or pork,she has sardines and terrier meal once a week,she has mostly homecooked for tea,is there anything else she can have,any ideas would be appreciated,

*Nat*

Souds like she’s having a good variety Mel – have you tried her with raw eggs? Piper’s diet sounds similar to Ruby – mainly chicken wings or beef/lamb ribs for breakfast then homecooked or raw meat in the evening with veg/fruit and mixer, sardines in oil once or twice a week and she likes the a raw egg – shell too  ;D

travis

I was thinking about trying her with a raw egg,I just feel she’s missing out as she isn’t getting any bones

kizkiznobite

just give her what bones she can work at for recreation

Anonymous

my parents BC Dottie was thoroghly enjoying one of loki’s bones on monday – it was a big teeth cleaning one…. she has completely worn down front teeth (best not to ask) – but she has no trouble….

travis

I am afraid to give Ruby the big bones,I am afraid she will damage the few teeth she has left

Anonymous

Ah… I see… am sure Kiz or Val (or someone else) will know better than me… but I wouldn’t have thought the big bones would damage her teeth… they don’t damage dogs teeth normally do they  ???  Or am I wrong?  :-\

Anonymous

It will help them not damage them, just start slow with a dog of her age that is not used to bones.
    In all my life (Thats a lot of dogs) I have only ever had one damaged tooth caused by a bone, that was Eshia she split a tooth and had to have it removed.
    I have had a lot of gummy pekes that love bones some could only gum them but they were happy and thats what it’s all about
    Val

[quote author=melly link=topic=3650.msg182476#msg182476 date=1193249329]
    I am afraid to give Ruby the big bones,I am afraid she will damage the few teeth she has left
    [/quote]

travis

She is having chicken wings,and breast of lamb bones,but as she only has teeth in the front,she cannot manage to eat the bone,but boy she won’t leave any meat on the bone ;D

Spud has had bones for a good few weeks now (he’s 7 months old now) and we’ve never had any teeth problems.  He just can’t get enough of them  😉  Now Murph, he’s a different story  ::)  he’d rather be doing something other than eating  ::)

xtine

nipped into Selfridges again today… bought more stuff for Fritz  😀
    Today i got some mutton, some chicken gizzards (whatever they are  ???  😀 ) and some chicken hearts

So… thought they could go in his porridge mix… could all 3 go in or would they be best in seperate batches?

Suz.. would Honey like me to save her some? (the meat bit I mean.. wouldn’t want to give her anything to make her itch  ;))

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 179 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime