Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

natural/homecooked diet – including the now famous porridge …..

Home Archive Forums Sticky subjects Those questions that keep on getting asked natural/homecooked diet – including the now famous porridge …..

Viewing 14 posts - 166 through 179 (of 179 total)
  • Author

;D am sure she would!  :-*

xtine

great.. i’ll save you some  😉  :-* Will bring a doggy bag  ;D

;D  ;D you will be her best friend – she wont want to know Richard!  😀

xtine

Bev… what do you think.. are all three ok to put in one big batch of porridge or should I limit like I do with hearts ( i give 1/2 at a time)

kizkiznobite

give the gizzards raw and porridge the rest is what i would do  🙂

xtine

okeydokey… will bung em in the freezer… he can have em saturday night  :-*

kizkiznobite

havnt a clue what this is like yet

i missed the laughing dog today – forgot it was saturday and they half day closing – bought this in a rush  ::) done a quick check and it looks good ish – it a dried mixer kibble – shaped – but it was the best i could get at the time

Berties Wheat Gluten Free Mixer kibble

rice, barley, peas, linseeds, vits, and mins

£1 a kilo so it a bit pricey but good for dogs that are gluten intolerant

the dogs liked it – ami doesnt do change of meal lightly  ::) but she wolfed this down

they from down south so val prob knows of them – had a quick look at their completes – will let you know what i think when i have checked some more  🙂

Anonymous

The Greyhound over the back eats this he’s the only one I have heard of local to me
    Val

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=3650.msg187749#msg187749 date=1195315043]
    havnt a clue what this is like yet

i missed the laughing dog today – forgot it was saturday and they half day closing – bought this in a rush  ::) done a quick check and it looks good ish – it a dried mixer kibble – shaped – but it was the best i could get at the time

Berties Wheat Gluten Free Mixer kibble

rice, barley, peas, linseeds, vits, and mins

£1 a kilo so it a bit pricey but good for dogs that are gluten intolerant

the dogs liked it – ami doesnt do change of meal lightly  ::) but she wolfed this down

they from down south so val prob knows of them – had a quick look at their completes – will let you know what i think when i have checked some more  🙂

[/quote]

kizkiznobite

well they liked it but they wont be getting it again
    clumbers drink a lot at the best of times but it has made them double their water intake but no itching or anything but am wondering if the extra protein fired sam up

*jody*

Bev how is this for a dog recipe?  Was just having a scour through the internet, really need to change Dante’s diet his skin probs are getting worse… I keep trying him on chicken wings etc but he just aint interested in them, he knows what to do with them he’s had them before.

Dont know if its any good, so just looking for your opinion  😉

approx. 5 lbs of ground beef or chicken
    3/4 cup canola oil
    4-5 cloves garlic
    32 cups water
    8-10 cups veggies (various)
    (carrots, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, bean sprouts, potatoes, sweet potatoes, red peppers, spinach, beets, lettuce, tomatoes, etc.) NO ONIONS
    2-3 cans kidney beans
    1/2 molasses (optional)
    42-45 oz oatmeal (quick cooking oats)
    eggs can be added to boost protein

In a large 24qt pot brown ground meat, add canola oil and garlic. When well cooked, add water. Bring to boil, then add veggies that have been processed, (frozen or canned veggies will work too). Use dried kidney beans and soak them the night before preparing a batch of food. While cooking the meat have the beans in another pot cooking them.

Once cooked, they are added to the above mixture. Next, the oatmeal is added. Frequent stirring is necessary at this point as the mixture will stick. Remove from heat, cool and put into containers. you can occasionally add pumpernickel bread and some times substitute brown rice for some of the oatmeal.

what about bevs porridge?

I personally wouldnt lump all that in together – not until I knew what was setting the skin off…

*jody*

I have looked at that recipe too, just havent got organised to make it yet  😀

Vets not too sure so we are going to try a change in food and see if that makes a difference first.

If it IS food then less is better – so simple diet you can then add too  :-*

kizkiznobite

i wouldnt cook the oats but add them raw

and i dont like the veg mix…. :-\

Viewing 14 posts - 166 through 179 (of 179 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime