Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

natural/homecooked diet – including the now famous porridge …..

Home Archive Forums Sticky subjects Those questions that keep on getting asked natural/homecooked diet – including the now famous porridge …..

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 179 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

[quote author=Val link=topic=3650.msg101663#msg101663 date=1165177772]
    Oh yes test it first  ;D can’t have a Diva looking a mess
    [/quote]

Ok once shes stopped itching i will try that – i cant have her with BALD patches  ;D (she hardly scratched at all today  ;D )

Kiz i believe she is ok with potatoes – again id probably have to try it and make doubly sure  :-\

Right will add that to my to do list thank you –  :-*

xtine

any update on freezing it?

kizkiznobite

yes you can freeze it – in portion sizes

Mo makes gnocci (sp) with potato flour and sometimes will do large ones and stick in the porridge she also does something similar with gram (sp) flour – not sure if it the same thing  ::) and if i ask….will get you been eating it for years blah blah  ::)

xtine

how much is a portion size?

kizkiznobite

whats his height and weight

xtine

don’t know his current weight.. that’s why i haven’t said yet. We don’t do weighing scales in this house  😀

Gonna borrow a set from work tomorrow and see… but I did measure him.
    He’s 19″ to the whithers

Anonymous

He should be 19 inches

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=3650.msg101671#msg101671 date=1165179344]
    whats his height and weight
    [/quote]

kizkiznobite

ok – the porridge needs to be stodgy – about 50% meat and 50% veggies/oats or other carb like pasta – he will need the equiv of 3/4 naturdiet carton – like a takeaway container for a portion of rice – plus a mug of wholemeal terrier type mixer

xtine

great thanks x

I freeze mine into portions, rice freezes better than the pasta which tends to mush into one big lump after defrosting!  Not like Izzy cares tho  😀

couple of questions about foods, are prawns the same as tuna and salmon ie as bottom feeders i presume they have alot of things bad for doggies in them?

also i saw bag of so called frozen meat called anglian or something it looks like it is just meat when i looked at the back of the bag, but does anyone know anything about it was reasonably priced and our iceland has stopped alot of its frozen meat to make room for all the xmas stuff.

kizkiznobite

anglian meats are ok – my lot like prawns – they love the shells too off the big ones – but then they not fussy eaters – not sure if i would give them the frozen ones as they are coated in something or other – so mo says anyway – but fresh should be fine

Anonymous

Prawnd for a dog LOL I have heard it all now

Anglian meats are a good company they do a range of frozen meats if you have the freezer space they will deliver even cheaper but there is a mimimum order
    Val

[quote author=zerlinda link=topic=3650.msg101946#msg101946 date=1165260736]
    couple of questions about foods, are prawns the same as tuna and salmon ie as bottom feeders i presume they have alot of things bad for doggies in them?

also i saw bag of so called frozen meat called anglian or something it looks like it is just meat when i looked at the back of the bag, but does anyone know anything about it was reasonably priced and our iceland has stopped alot of its frozen meat to make room for all the xmas stuff.
    [/quote]

Anonymous

Val can you order online with them? it may be a quicker way for me to get the tripe ?? Depends how much stuff you have to buy!!

thats great will stock up then have achest freezer under the stairs for that kinda thing so will take a look at their site  ;D thanks both…again  😀

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 179 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime