Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

No papers, no KC registration

Home Archive Forums Dogs Where can I find ……? No papers, no KC registration

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I hate to say it but i think this ‘breeder’ may be pulling a fast one. How on earth they can say that nobody has asked them for the pedigree is ridiculous, that’s the first thing that most prospective owners would enquire about when buying from a proper breeder.

The fact they can’t even remember simple details about the parents makes me even more suspicous. There is no reason why they would be going to all these lengths to evade having to hand over the pedigree unless they have something to hide.

I wasn’t allowed to breed from my dog either until i had certain health tests carried out but my breeder didn’t withhold the pedigree papers until the tests were done, they just made me sign a contract with breeding endorsements & gave me the pedigree there & then.

They certainly aren’t doing themselves any favours & if i were you i would report them to the KC because they are not following the rules by withholding the information you have requested about your dog & they can’t withhold the pedigree on thier terms like this.

My Rottweiler was born in 2006 & even though my breeder no longer ownes the Dam and had bred several litters since, if you phoned her up now and asked, she could tell you instantly who the parents of my dog were, what health tests they had, when the parents were born, what was on the pedigree etc without even hesitating.

I would be very suspicous of this breeder by now if i were you because there really is no legitimate reason for them not to be able to give you such basic information about your dog’s parents & thier health tests unless they are hiding something.

They have had ample time by now to have just given you the papers & even now they are still stalling. Correct me if i read it wrong but did you say you requested the pedigree AND the KC registration? That worries me a lot because if you don’t have the KC registration papers then who is registered as the owner of your dog if you haven’t signed the papers?

Did you get a transfer of ownership form when you got the pup?

Anonymous

Absolutley agree with Mark :agree:

Does Latifah have a kennel name? if so the KC will know who she is, providing this woman registered the pups!
    I would call the kennel club and tell them and see what they say.

I have asked on our Dobe forum if anyone knows of this breeder, am sure one of them will know something.

She is very pretty and looks in great condition :-*

Not sure I have heard of any place in Devon that does vWD testing. Most UK Dobes are tested in Finland and it doesnt cost £100, but you would need to know her KC name etc to have it done through the KC, so I think a call to the KC is your first call 🙂

Anonymous

You need to phone the KC to sort this out as for the VWD test they go to Finland your average vet has not a clue where we test our dogs
    Val

latifah

Thanks Val, I’ll agree with you there. The vet seemed a bit confused by my request, not as bad as the receptionist who’d never heard of Vwd in her life. Will contact kc after work on monday, and see where we can go from there.
    Thanks for everyones advice, it great to know that there are people that understand where i’m coming from.
    The vet said that the lab they use fast track an ice box to the vets, which latifah is then tested via blood, and then this is then sent back to the lab in devon. The vet had a protocol faxed to him for reference although I didn’t get to read this. The actual test is £80 and postage is the rest via a company.
    As for her kennel name she is a dablea, other than I have no more knowledge, My husband is going to attempt to get some more imformation form the breeder. My husband choose Latifah Dablea at the time of purchase but I don’t know if this went any further. I just wish I was there when he bought her, but you can’t turn back time, all I can do is try and solve the problems I have now.

Anonymous

vWD is tested by swabbing not blood, through the KC it costs 80 euros and your postage back to KC which was a couple of £ as I did it recorded as it needs to arrive before a certain date, they send them away in batches so theres no extra cost for postage.

Anonymous

[quote author=Dyane Jones link=topic=13468.msg257831#msg257831 date=1232068557]
    If the sire & dam are carriers then they should not have been bred from together. Clear to carrier is ok, clear to clear is best.

TBH the breeder should have endorsed the KC registration with”Progeny not eligible for registration”

You should then have signed a contract in which you agree to have the dog/bitch tested for VWD & if the result is a clear/carrier then the endorsement would be removed

Really you should have researched the breed IMHO before buying a puppy & sought out a breeder who was endeavouring to reduce the incidence of VWD, by only breeding clear to clear ideally or clear to carrier, but never ever carrier to carrier. The dogs should also be hip scored

VWD is a life threatening condition & if it was my bitch that was a carrier I would not have bred from her at all & bought in another bitch who was from two clear parents.

You have a 25% chance of your bitch being VWD affected, a 25 & chance of her being clear &  a 50% chance of her being a carrier.

You can look up health tests results on the KC site

Also you could have looked up the health tests status here

She’s still breeding & has two litters of whippets & also breeds Dachshunds
    [/quote]

Hi there
    Please dont mind me asking but is it true she had TWO litters of pups & if so how do you know there were two litters?

I’m only asking as a friend of mine went to view some pups just before xmas at these premises & was told it was just ONE litter of 13 pups & was shown just one dam, after reading this i am now wondering whether it were TWO litters that she had put together to pass off as one?

Does anyone have any further info on these TWO litters?

Many thanks

Val

Hi
    Whippets would never have 13 pups in one litter, walk away I would
    Val

Anonymous

[quote author=Val link=topic=13468.msg264291#msg264291 date=1237833490]
    Hi
    Whippets would never have 13 pups in one litter, walk away I would
    Val
    [/quote]

Its actually not unknown for whippets to have large litters of 12 & 13, altho the general litter size is anywhere between 5-10, there have been several litters of 12’s & 13’s which is why my friend didnt dispute it.

Val

These size litters are still rare, I would not trust this woman as you can see from members on the board that have had dealings with her
    Val

OH JOY !!!

Dablea Whippets …… on “preloved”

not exactly the sort of breeder I would touch with a bl**dy barge pole – you can do MUCH better than someone who has to resort to this !!

claire x

Anonymous

All i am trying to find out is if anyone actually knows for sure if this was one litter or two. We can all speculate all we like but without any actual proof that is all it is speculation & as a friend of mine’s bitch has just produced 12 pups i know its not beyond the realms of possibilties.

I was just hoping the poster who stated that this Dablea woman she had 2 litters of whippets might reply & be able to explain the facts, mainly because obviously the people who have bought these pups may well have then received false paperwok if its correct that it was just one litter.

Hi,

as Dyane Jones has left, i think it unlikely she will reply however – what I will say is if Dyane knows it was 2 then it is pretty much certain its two.

am sure you can track her down as she is very active and generally held in high regard in the dog world.

(i was just trying to give you a picture of where they are being advertised – i mean “preloved” doesnt exactly go hand in hand with caring / honest breeder !!) 

Claire.

kizkiznobite

hi and welcome from me that was away when you first joined

hun…you looking at this from the wrong way round…what you really should be thinking is wonder if this is 2 litters or 1…not 1 litter or 2….it is up to the breeder to prove..not to you to prove…i can assure you that we have access to more info than the average poster would believe…if the breeders on this board say walk they mean walk…we cannot always say what we want to say…we have to protect the board owner from legal action…that just means care not lack of knowledge

we know of scams that would make your hair curl…i am aware of someone that will sell a set of ped papers for £200….and without dna then they ‘legit’

i know of litters where the registered mum is not the actual mum

there is non so blind hun as those that dont want to see…

the honest process is actually very simple

buy pup..get papers..change over ownership..if restrictions on then breeder may agree to change later after health test… it really simple…any deviation means questions should be asked…if you speak to someone that has bought from a breeder where they have had probs..then walk…..

it really is that simple….

Anonymous

Thanks for all your replies. As the poster has now apparently left i will explore other avenues.

Having been involved with pedigree dogs for many years i am more than aware of many of the scams that go & believe me there is nothing left that would make my hair curl.

However i am also aware of how rumours & speculation circulate & i learnt a long time ago see all, hear all & say nowt till you’ve seen it yourself with your own eyes.

kizkiznobite

Having been involved with pedigree dogs for many years i am more than aware of many of the scams that go & believe me there is nothing left that would make my hair curl.   

I’m only asking as a friend of mine went to view some pups just before xmas at these premises & was told it was just ONE litter of 13 pups & was shown just one dam, after reading this i am now wondering whether it were TWO litters that she had put together to pass off as one?

then…that negates your original query does it not?

my advice…for what it is worth is…tell ‘friend’ to walk and…well..with regards to your own purchase…health and happiness…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime