Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

not the best news

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health not the best news

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Really diesel?? you dont have pet insurance – omg id be homeless right now if i didnt have it – so far ive had a bill for £220 for fletcher at easter, then one for about £157 for manny a few weeks back – plus what ever this bill for the eyes will come to!!! never mind the £250 i had to spend for honeys op – and shes NOT insured!!!

hope hes feeling better soon :-*

Diesel73

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=16473.msg284642#msg284642 date=1342725147]
    Really diesel?? you dont have pet insurance – omg id be homeless right now if i didnt have it – so far ive had a bill for £220 for fletcher at easter, then one for about £157 for manny a few weeks back – plus what ever this bill for the eyes will come to!!! never mind the £250 i had to spend for honeys op – and shes NOT insured!!!
    [/quote]
    No sweety, we don’t have any insurance for pets in Belgium. An opp couldn’t save my Diesel but IF an opperation for his hernia would have made any difference i would have done so. But the full £2500,- would be charged to me personaly for opp, medicines and aftercare.
    When Wodan had his stroken the meds, vet, bloodtest, costed me £200,- that day. Than £40,- every month for his meds.
    Diesyweasy… Dear boy costed me over £300,- in one day with the x-rays and scans… And another 80,- for the meds.

My Tarco costed me a huge fortune having had an opp TWICE and chemo….

Can you understand now why my sunshine would’nt let me have the 7 Groenendaelers i craved so much?  😉

blimey, i wouldnt have more than honey if i couldnt have insurance!1 fletchers bill now stands at £957!!!! id find the money, stick it on a credit card if i had to but its hard cos is just me and aeryn and only me to pay the bills!!! insurance is a god send for me!!

he had a check up monday, he had to be sedated and have the ducts flushed through again poor sod they tried while he was awake but its just too fiddly and he was getting upset ,and i dont want that so they knocked him out and did it quick  – hes still on eye drops but is def an improvement now so fingers crossed he gets the all clear in 2 weeks time!!

Val

Diesel you are better off without insurance it has been the death of good vets in the UK a lot of vets got greedy so much so that the good vet practices could not keep up we now have companies like Medi Vet buying up all the small frendly practices that cared enough to sit up half the night holding your hand with a sick animal.
    Now they have their hands out for the money before they will do anything sometimes to the cost of a life
    With the insurance a lot of them have many loop holes like no dogs over eight,not more than one illness a year or extra payment is wanted, certain breeds you can’t get insured the excess with some companies are high..
    I have heard the next step is to charge more for known hereditary problems in pure breeds.
    They are also hand in glove with the vaccine companies as well.
    I always put something away for the vet bills I may have to pay and over the years I have been well out front my friend saved so much in her dog account she brought two leather sofa’s and still had money for the vet.
    This is not to say I have been vet bill free as you know I had Victoria spayed before Xmas that cost over 600 and Mel was spayed a little while ago same vet half Victoria age that one cost me 740.
    I have friends that are vets and other that are nurses I know how much the drugs cost and these prices are off the wall but he is the cheapest vet around these parts, just heard of a friend in dogs that paid 1500 for a ceaser 7pm for one dead pup.
    Val 

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime