Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Our posts on another site

Home Archive Forums General Category General Discussion Our posts on another site

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    GSPmad

i am sure it is more than rude – i am sure you are NOT ALLOWED to crosspost that sort of stuff without permission.  p:-) and i wouldn’t want my posts crossposted.  >:D

can’t see any of the stuff from on here – but can’t follow their site at all anyway.  ::)

would draw it to attention of val and colin – has anyone done that yet?

GSPmad

am sure that when you write something on net it is copyright to you anyway – someone can link to it or rewrite in their own words but not copy whole thing directly.  :-\ ???

in book terms it would be plagiarism – and you can get in a whole heap of poo and lawsuits for that sort of stuff i believe – would have thought there would be similar on web.  :-\

GSPmad

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=12049.msg231405#msg231405 date=1216589670]
    😮 😮 😮 bad people they gonna be in SO much trouble!!

Unless its something Colin has said is ok?
    [/quote]

doubt it.  :-\ surely he’d have mnetioned first.  ???

*Nick*

remember, this is the internet. The last bastion of anarchy in the world.

In my opinion y’all should be flattered.

GSPmad

in my opinion. nick, THEY should be FLATTENED.  >:D

*Nick*

seriously i don’t see why this matters. Yes, it’s rude, yes, it’s lazy of them

how would putting copyright in your posts help at all? If they have no problem stealing it in the first place they’ll have no problem deleting the copyright tag…is anyone actually going to pursue this in the courts? of course not.

I also never understand why people get upset about people printing topics  ???

unless a person has invented the “wheel” everything we write is philosophically plagiarised anyway…we all borrow from others

anyway, i have to work at 2:30 am tomorrow so I better go to bed  🙁

GSPmad

well specifically with things like the stickies – say stuff bev has written – that is her work and what she has put time and effort into – and they would be stealing her work and passing it off as their own.  :-\ is just not on – in my opinion.  :-\

why, am i being unreasonable?  :-\ ???

*Nick*

No, you’re quite right dude and I agree with you especially in your stated example.  However….this is the internet. There is no expectation of privacy . If you post it, it’s out there in the ether and let’s face it, it’s the biggest public domain there is.
    Photographers are the biggest victims of this kind of theft.

ok, seriously going to bed

Anonymous

Copyright on forums is a very grey area because from a technical point of view you can’t copyright ‘words’ on the internet – basically once you post something on the web you pretty much give up copyright by placing it in the public domain. It’s bad manners & not very nice but it’s something that goes on all over the net & often doesn’t stand up to legal scrutiny because of the very public nature of the internet.

The right way to have gone about it on thier part would have been to link the site back to us to acknowledge the Dogclub but at the end of the day you can’t really prove who it was that c&p the posts.

Of course it might explain why we find guests printing off topics.  :-\

Prem2Pram

We are not amused and have emailed them as they have even copied one of my poems and that is breach of copyright, now where’s my solicitors phone number  >:(

GSPmad

isn’t it possible to do something that stops people just copying pictures – and stops them printing stuff?  :-\ had a feeling there was.  ???

and another thought – how about a private board for pics\gossip that can only be seen by members – so the other stuff is public but that particular category is private?

wags

but there are members of both boards there  😉

Anonymous

I am waiting on a reply from Colin

couldn’t work the site very well its not a very good clearly set out site, for example i couldn’t see who was a member there or how to join etc but saw one of my posts about Beau…now the whole world knows what a crap mummy i was  :'(  😀

seriously though, its very very rude! and surely permission should have been sought, will be interetsted to see what Coli says.

Anonymous

It doesn’t look like a forum as such, more like an information resourse than anything else.  :-\

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)
  • The topic ‘Our posts on another site’ is closed to new replies.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime