Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Paw Wax – Witchy Woo Woo

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Paw Wax – Witchy Woo Woo

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mudgie

Any of you guys with working dogs use this?  If so, what is best ?
    Or is there a witchy woo alternative that is just as good?

Val

Paw wax is used to stop showdogs slipping on the floor Cola works just as well
    Val

Mudgie

so perhaps it isnt paw wax I want then.  I want something to protect noochies paws a bit – if we do hillwalking monroes or long walks his paws look a bit raw and sore – want to toughen them up a bit or protect them a bit

*Nick*

Mudgie, we use something of the sort in the winter. It helps stop ice forming between the toes.  There are many variations, Invisible boot, Mushers Secret etc..I don’t think they’ll toughen the pads but will protect.

*Nick*

Found something else which may do the trick;  Called Tuf – Foot  . here’s a link to some info http://www.canadiangundogsupply.com/Tuf-Foot-Dog-Paw-Care.html

Val

There is a horse one haven’t got a clue what it#s called, but I do know they put in on horses that have furry feet to stop the snow and ice sticking to the coat.
    Also know it’s good one dogs as beardies in snow have used it to cut down on having four foot wide legs ;D
    Paw wax would be no good infact I never found it worked on showdogs for more that 10 mins Cola or sugar were much better
    Val
    PS If all else fails you could buy some husky boots

Mudgie

Got a UK supplier of the mushers secrets – stuff they use on huskies – should do the trick – and it is all witchy woo woo stuff.  ;D

might have a look at husky boots for winter though cos would still like to continue cycling then.

Thanks guys

Lisa33

I don’t use anything on my dog’s paws while they are working.  They just toughen up on their own. Blu’s were fine all last season and we were working in a couple of feet of snow for a few weeks on the shoot!! 

I have used the Paw wax at Crufts and Blu went all silly and jumped about with it on his feet. Didn’t use it again ::)  😀

Sweetypye

Surely if you increase exercise gently the pads will toughen up by themselves?

My dogs did the AD (13 miles of trotting) without the need for anything on their feet?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime