Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Picky eater, selective pooper and peepee?

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Picky eater, selective pooper and peepee?

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 206 total)
  • Author

Have you looked at his poo?
    Is there undigested food in there?
    Is it “odd” or “normal” looking?

Diesel73
    quote :

I think anybody will get frustrated witha  dog who will not eat

No such thing in my house. Perhaps the food they get served…….?

[quote author=Diesel73 link=topic=9146.msg166201#msg166201 date=1187881109]

quote :

[/quote]

I second that  😀
    Mine just hoover their food up. The only thing Jake won’t really eat is lettuce & celery  :-\

labattsbaby

[quote author=.colliecrazy. link=topic=9146.msg166200#msg166200 date=1187880968]
    Have you looked at his poo?
    Is there undigested food in there?
    Is it “odd” or “normal” looking?

[/quote]

He has normal poop with no bits in it and yes, I looked have had it checked two times in the past 7 days, he has no parasites, no bugds no disease no blood, no constipation he just wont eat.

Are you sure his portions aren’t so big that he’s not just eating his fill but it’s hardly making a dent?
    He should be having a portion that’s measured out according to his height/weight/age.

labattsbaby

[quote author=Diesel73 link=topic=9146.msg166201#msg166201 date=1187881109]

quote :

[/quote]

Boneless chicken breast, lamb? high grade beef? Pork mince, beef mince 99% lean, fish lean, eggs organic? cottage cheese? yogurt, kibbles from two top brands? all teh good quality canned food? Dry food soaked in freshly cooked chicken stock from lean chicken which he refuses to eat? Pasta and mince, Ground turkey breast? Fresh calf liver? Good god there is nothing else I can imagine feeding him, I make the porridge, I make other things the vet recommended NOTHING he wont eat, only thing he might eat once in a long while is raw mince beef, and I will not serve this to him on the days he is giving me problems. I made a doggie meat loaf, eggs, barley, peas and carrots crushed up, beef, pork and chicken mince, potatoes, come on man, dont tell me he is eating bad food.

*Lassie*

[quote author=labattsbaby link=topic=9146.msg166196#msg166196 date=1187880815]
    He peed out side, I brought him for a small run in the basement, he has loads of energy, made him        kibbles and the beef stock he refuses it. What is he living on
    [/quote]

At a rough guess you feed him, he turns his nose up so you up the anti and give him something else a bit more tempting, he is now holding out to see what else he can get. Stop trying to tempt him, make his meal, put it on the floor, walk away and let him get on with it, if he turns his nose up pick it up and no food or treats until after next mealtime, if you do this consistently he will eat, it may take 2 -3 days but he will not starve

Also if he’s been pumped full of treats/snacks all day he may just be too full to eat.

[quote author=lassiemad link=topic=9146.msg166215#msg166215 date=1187881860]
    He peed out side, I brought him for a small run in the basement, he has loads of energy, made him        kibbles and the beef stock he refuses it. What is he living on
    [/quote]

At a rough guess you feed him, he turns his nose up so you up the anti and give him something else a bit more tempting, he is now holding out to see what else he can get. Stop trying to tempt him, make his meal, put it on the floor, walk away and let him get on with it, if he turns his nose up pick it up and no food or treats until after next mealtime, if you do this consistently he will eat, it may take 2 -3 days but he will not starve
    [/quote]

labattsbaby

[quote author=.colliecrazy. link=topic=9146.msg166212#msg166212 date=1187881734]
    Are you sure his portions aren’t so big that he’s not just eating his fill but it’s hardly making a dent?
    He should be having a portion that’s measured out according to his height/weight/age.
    [/quote]

As I said a zillion times, I weight the food I put before him, everythig is weighed to see if it is dented and it is not.

labattsbaby

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good god, there is nothign else I can imagine serving him? Human LOL ??? Well this is day number two, so let me see how long he will hold out ::)

labattsbaby

[quote author=.colliecrazy. link=topic=9146.msg166216#msg166216 date=1187881977]
    Also if he’s been pumped full of treats/snacks all day he may just be too full to eat.

[/quote]

[/quote]
    [/quote]

NOOOOO, I do not give him snacks, that is not an option here, he will get microscopic tid bits for training that may amount to a thumb nail at the very max

labattsbaby

[quote author=.colliecrazy. link=topic=9146.msg166212#msg166212 date=1187881734]
    [/quote]

Yes, read before I said the size of his bowl, if anythign it is under the amount, he only eats at any time about 6 to 7gm of dried food at very most, other times a bit more but not anything to write home about. Right now he is humping, maybe he lives off this LMAO ;D ;D ;D and I am not paying him mind he is playing and fine, live off the humping 😮

labattsbaby

and I bluntly refuse to feed him nutrical today NONE today at all >:( vet said give him a pea size three times a day as a treat WHEN he eats but none if he does not LOL

kizkiznobite

only thing he might eat once in a long while is raw mince beef, and I will not serve this to him on the days he is giving me problems. [/quote]

why?

*Lassie*

I got him at 750gm and now he is 1358gm so he aint getting smaller.

I have seen cats bigger,  ::)
    he is young, still on 3 meals a day,and he is gaining weight  make a diary of everything he eats, meals or treats like apples training treats, he may be eating more than you realize don’t forget he only has a small stomach,

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 206 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime