Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Picky eater, selective pooper and peepee?

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Picky eater, selective pooper and peepee?

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 206 total)
  • Author
    labattsbaby

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=9146.msg166225#msg166225 date=1187882537]

only thing he might eat once in a long while is raw mince beef, and I will not serve this to him on the days he is giving me problems. [/quote]

why?
    [/quote]

why or why not? Because if that is all he will eat, once in a while and that is the only thing he eats the whole day a tablespoon at most he will eat, how can that be good for this eating problem I ahve always had? Its been so from the day I brought him home. I will offer him some tonight with GROUND kibbles as he will spit it out if it is whole

labattsbaby

[quote author=lassiemad link=topic=9146.msg166231#msg166231 date=1187883112]
    I got him at 750gm and now he is 1358gm so he aint getting smaller.

I have seen cats bigger,  ::)
    he is young, still on 3 meals a day,and he is gaining weight  make a diary of everything he eats, meals or treats like apples training treats, he may be eating more than you realize don’t forget he only has a small stomach,
    [/quote]

LOL at cat ;D he is tiny, I had said so before. I do jot everything down from the time I open my eyes, and again I weigh the food out and then when it is removed weigh it again and jot what he might have eaten, or drank as the bowl for water is measured also, and when I check to see how much he drank I change and put fresh water and measure it again. He has a small stomach and he is fed small portions he just is giving me trouble like 5 days a week then two days he may eat two times

Whenever he eats a meal it is a big party in the house ::)

*Lassie*

[quote author=labattsbaby link=topic=9146.msg166234#msg166234 date=1187883525]

[/quote]

Animals are very good at picking up emotions, he knows you are stressing out about mealtimes, he can see/feel the tension, thats why I said put the food down and walk away or you will carry on with this battle till kingdom come

labattsbaby

[quote author=lassiemad link=topic=9146.msg166240#msg166240 date=1187884789]
    [quote author=labattsbaby link=topic=9146.msg166234#msg166234 date=1187883525]

[/quote]

Animals are very good at picking up emotions, he knows you are stressing out about mealtimes, he can see/feel the tension, thats why I said put the food down and walk away or you will carry on with this battle till kingdom come
    [/quote]

Well I broke down and fed him some nutrical he was looking really not himself, he sucked up two nice lumps and now is eating a beefbone wiht marrow RAW frozen, this is the problem he wins each time because I hate to see him starve, i will offer him some raw hamburger at 8:30.

maybe his gums hurt and he may be teething as his moulders are really coming out more now, so it could be his gums hurt, thing is he will not eat soft food either. So if the bone and marrow makes him happy, then so be it for today. Maybe I will have some luck. But I trully think he will never eat commercial dog food, he has rejected ever possible brand and kind.

Mudgie

why are you punishing him by not feeding him  :-\

and I am not outspoken – I say it like it is – there is a difference

I did  :-X because you do not listen to anyone else – you dont take on board anything anyone else advises you just show displacement constantly

Go look displacement up  ::)

labattsbaby

[quote author=Mudgie link=topic=9146.msg166246#msg166246 date=1187887081]

I did  :-X because you do not listen to anyone else – you dont take on board anything anyone else advises you just show displacement constantly

[/quote]

What the hell, read the topic please, I have FED him 4 times today he has refused all feedings >:( 😮

labattsbaby

[quote author=Mudgie link=topic=9146.msg166246#msg166246 date=1187887081]

[/quote]

And you dont READ properly or you wont be asking me why I am punishing him and not feeding him LMAO :-*

When he refuses the food are you picking it up after 10 minutes then offering it to him again at the next meal or are you offering him a different meal?

I’m sure it’s back there somewhere I just really cant be bothered to go through the entire thread  ::)

labattsbaby

[quote author=.colliecrazy. link=topic=9146.msg166264#msg166264 date=1187889558]
    When he refuses the food are you picking it up after 10 minutes then offering it to him again at the next meal or are you offering him a different meal?

I’m sure it’s back there somewhere I just really cant be bothered to go through the entire thread  ::)
    [/quote]

Always different foods what he gets per that period of feeding, I have tried on numerous occasions to put the same thing twice, he does not ever touch it, as a matter of fact he dashes in to his crate and peeps out when I do this :-\. I leave it for 15 mins

Right now ihe is like pig in heaven with this bone

He’s learned that if there’s something in his dish that he doesn’t like, if he doesn’t eat it mummy will change it.
    Jake used to do this and it wasn’t until I learned that I was reinforcing this behavior that I knew how to “correct” it with the help of everyone on here.

Put his food down, walk away, come back in 10 minutes. If it’s not touched pick it up without a fuss or a word. Next meal time put the food back down and walk away again. If it’s not touched again pick it back up.
    If you keep doing this he’ll learn that if he’s hungry, that’s what he’s eating because he isn’t getting anything else.

Don’t keep worrying that he’ll starve, he really won’t! We promise you that and it wont be helping that he’s picking up on your tension and worrying when it comes to meal times which will make him think “whys mummy worrying?” etc..

dear god woman  >:( did you not read anything I wrote yesterday – stop bloody faffing about with his food – have three / four set meal times STICK TO IT give him his food somewhere quiet and leave him to get on with – give him a bit of peace and quiet.

Stop chopping and changing his food so darn much – you have spoilt him completely he sounds like hes being treated more like a child than a dog  🙁 Im not having a go but you have no idea how fustrating this is – I know its hard when a dog wont eat believe me I have been there- with far worse problems than your having because not only would she not eat whatever she did eat went straight through her – she lost half her boy weight within about a week – now THAT is worrying -the only thing that got her eating once her tummy troubles were sorted was being consistent with regular mealtimes and no faffing about and giving in – your pup is gaining weight and he needs to get used to the idea that he eats what hes given – if a child refused their vegetables and mummy said oh ok have some chocolate is the child ever likely to eat vegetables again?

To be honest I wonder if your ever going to take on board whats being said – your too busy with the smart remarks to people – I only keep trying because that pup deserves it  >:(

Mudgie

My dogs eat all their food at regular given times
    My dogs wee and poo when they are cue’d to
    My dogs do what I ask of them
    My dogs are house trained
    My dogs are healthy

Why are they like this BECAUSE I LEARNT FROM THE PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD WHO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT  >:(

Like I said to look displacement up  ::)  In a few months when you cant take it anymore because YOU DONT LISTEN at that time when you are back on this board trying to rehome him then I will help all I can at that time too

Wonder if you can read or if you care at all about this dog because if you did you would stop being so aggresive and just get bloody well on with it.  You have been on this board ALL day and have learnt absolutely nothing. 

Diesel73
    quote :

I lay food for him now if he does not eat too bad, I remove it. Yes, I do feel guilty my baby is hungry and does not like anythign I give him BUT, he is ruling me at this point it seems.

quote :

So right now I am boiling some beef bones and will strain the liquid and put some on his kibbles, if he turns up his nose too bad, then he waits for his 18 to 20:00 feeding, if he misses this or does not want this, well what can I say? Let him starve?

Little contradiction… you spoil him with food, and yet you don’t…….

quote :

He peed out side, I brought him for a small run in the basement, he has loads of energy, made him        kibbles and the beef stock he refuses it

My boys would refuse that too  😛 .

quote :

Boneless chicken breast, lamb? high grade beef? Pork mince, beef mince 99% lean, fish lean, eggs organic? cottage cheese? yogurt, kibbles from two top brands? all teh good quality canned food? Dry food soaked in freshly cooked chicken stock from lean chicken which he refuses to eat? Pasta and mince, Ground turkey breast? Fresh calf liver? Good god there is nothing else I can imagine feeding him, I make the porridge, I make other things the vet recommended NOTHING he wont eat, only thing he might eat once in a long while is raw mince beef, and I will not serve this to him on the days he is giving me problems. I made a doggie meat loaf, eggs, barley, peas and carrots crushed up, beef, pork and chicken mince, potatoes, come on man, dont tell me he is eating bad food.

Did you read it? Did you see it? No? Ok, this part…==>

quote :

only thing he might eat once in a long while is raw mince beef, and I will not serve this to him on the days he is giving me problems.

YOU turned food into a battle.If i should ever be as worried as you about a pup of mine not eating than i go out, shoot a cow, cut it to pieces and feed it to him e-ve-ry day. Why?==>

quote :

why or why not? Because if that is all he will eat

Thàt is why  ::) .

quote :

why or why not? Because if that is all he will eat, once in a while and that is the only thing he eats the whole day a tablespoon at most he will eat, how can that be good for this eating problem I ahve always had? Its been so from the day I brought him home. I will offer him some tonight with GROUND kibbles as he will spit it out if it is whole

Did you read it? Or have you missed it again…I’ll specify again. ‘…for this eatin problem I have always had…..’ You don’t have it. You made it his problem.

Woman… when you read back your own posts, don’t you see what your problem is? First he was confidant, now he is nervous and without confidance.
    Somewhere you said ‘he will never eat any commercial dogfood’…. yet you say you try to adjust his food to make him start eating. Why? To take the goodstuff away at some point and replace it to standard dry kibble? You don’t know what you want, but he does.
    If that little boy was mine and healthy in body and mind, than i ga-ran-tee he WOULD eat. He would behave like a real boy, act like a real dog, -a little terrorpup perhaps-, but he WOULD eat what i serve him and he WILL grow up into a confidant dude. 
    He changed in your hands, so look at yourself to search what the problem is.

Anonymous

Yooooooooooooll way ya go Diesel

Anonymous

Good for you Diesel – join the club! p:-)

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 206 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime