Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Piper :-(

Home Archive Forums Dogs Rainbow Bridge Piper :-(

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    *Nat*

Well this isn’t something I thought I’d be typing for a long, long time but here goes….  :'(

Sadly this evening we had to say goodbye to our beautiful Piper. She was loved so much by everyone who knew her and was a huge part of our family and will be missed so much. There’s a huge gap in my life and my heart now and although deep down I know we did the right thing, it doesn’t make it any easier  :'( We’re all totally devistated  :'(

Go chase those bunnies and magpies over the bridge my beautiful girlie, love you always xxxxxxxxx  :-*

So sorry again Nat! Still cant believe it  :'( :'( :'(

Run free Piper  :-*

.dodger.

What a shock Nat :'( :'(
    Again my thoughts are with you and your family. She was an absolute credit to both you and her breed. Sending ((hugs)) your way x

Run Free Piper :-*

Izzie

Oh Nat, (((HUGS))) hon

you know where I am if you need to chat xxx

Run free Piper xxxx

**Woofums**

I’m so very sorry to hear about your beautiul girl.
    Run Free Piper xxx

DawnG

So sorry to read this, run free Piper xx

Anonymous

So sorry nat, Run free piper  :-* :-* :-*

xtine

such sad news for you all Nat  :'(

Run free gorgeous girl  :-*

Diesel73

PIPEGIRL! What is THIS??  :surprise: …….. ow you pretty shiny dobygirl with the floppy ears and the beautiful brown eyes  :-\ ….. So so sad to hear this, so young…  :'(

So so sooo sorry to read this Nat, you take care now  :-* . 

So unfair nat again im just so so sorry for you and your family  :'(  :'(

run free piper girl  :-*  :-*

*Lassie*

So sorry Nat 🙁
    But I thought she was doing well after her op :confused:

Run free Piper, free as the wind :-*

*Nat*

She was doing well Lassie  🙁 I took her to the vet on thursday evening and apart from her dropping some weight the leg was doing good, we’d even started weaning her off the steroids. Friday morning she was very lethargic and didn’t want to move. After lunch I noticed a large swelling on the inside of her knee and knew something wasn’t right, it was very warm to touch too  🙁 So I arranged to take her back to see the surgeon who took another x-ray – unfortunately the plate and screws had collapsed and the smaller thinner bone in her leg had broken!  🙁
    We have no idea what happened, she’d only gone in the garden on the lead for the toilet, the surgeon was stumped too.  :-\ We had 3 choices, either re-operate placing a larger plate in ther leg – mastiff size, which would be a squeaze, he could’ve plastered the leg as it was but chances were it wouldn’t have healed correctly or ……..the worst option of them all  :'( I couldn’t put her through that operation again, she was clearly in pain, chances were her blood would react like it did before and she was still on steroids for this! These can slow healing so it’s possible they contributed to her relapse, they also act as an anti-inflammatory so she may not have felt as much pain as she should have and therefore put more weight on the leg or laid on it awkwardly! I guess we’ll never know. When he did the orignal op he mentioned one side of her bone was fairly soft so there may have been an underlying problem!
    Anyway we decided to let her go over the bridge and be pain free, she’d been through so much, I just couldn’t see her go through it again, she used to be such an active bouncy dog and it was breaking my heart to see her like she was  :'( My heart it completely broken at the moment, am crying as I type this and I’m missing her terribly  :'(
    One of the toughest decisions I’ve ever had to make, I sat with her for two hours just on our own, she was still sedated from the x-ray, so lots of cuddles and strokes and chats, I even told her that her timing was crap, being my birthday yesterday but I forgave her  😉 She slipped away at 6.30pm 23rd April 2010. We are going to have her cremated, will place her ashes where we can see and talk to her everyday and be reminded of what a beautiful, loyal dog, family member and best friend she was to all of us xxxx  :'(  :-*

xtine

:'(  :'(  :'( can’t imagine how hard it was Nat, breaks my heart reading that  :'(

So sorry to read this Nat. Run free Piper  :-*

Im cuddling Izzy whilst reading that  :'( they’re so precious, we have to cherish every moment!  How are the boys dealing with it Nat?  :-* to them

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime