Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Poorly Fritz – not ideal breakfast reading. You have been warned!

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Poorly Fritz – not ideal breakfast reading. You have been warned!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    k9

Thinking of you both, hope you see improvement soon.  Bess and k9 xx

Izzie

Poor Fritz, hope he is allowed to come today Xtine

(((HUGS)) to you all xx

xtine

he’s home.. till with catheter in his leg incase we need to take him to their emergency people in the night…
    he’s a bit brighter than before (whining a lot) and clearly has a sore tummy looking at the way he’s standing..
    all being well he’ll have a quiet night and we can go back to the vets in the morning to have the catheter removed.. have a long list of all they did and what meds he’s on.. will post them up after a cuppa  🙂

glad he’s home tho, is so empty here without him  :'(

Val

Are you telling me that given where you live you have not got a 24 hour vet???

[quote author=xtine link=topic=14896.msg273550#msg273550 date=1258126652]
    they called again… they want to keep him on a drip until at least 5 and then might send him to their overnight people cause his botty is so explosive.. he’s been sick again too.. am going in at 5 but waiting for the vet to call me back
    [/quote]

xtine

ok… long list of stuff:
    zinacef 750mg vial
    vetergesic 0.3/ml injection x 2
    Duphalyte supplementation IV
    Homeopathic remedy: phosphorus 200c
    metronidazole (43mls i think?)
    zantac 25ml injection
    cerenia 22 ml
    pro-kolin
    glutalyte sachets

Praise the lord for insurance  😮

xtine

[quote author=Val link=topic=14896.msg273562#msg273562 date=1258135155]
    Are you telling me that given where you live you have not got a 24 hour vet???

[quote author=xtine link=topic=14896.msg273550#msg273550 date=1258126652]
    they called again… they want to keep him on a drip until at least 5 and then might send him to their overnight people cause his botty is so explosive.. he’s been sick again too.. am going in at 5 but waiting for the vet to call me back
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

They are linked to a place in Victoria and the nurse who was looking after him today is on duty there tonight.. so if we need to we just head straight there.. but our surgery doesn’t do 24 hours

Anonymous

Hope he feels better soon  :-*

Mudgie

stuff all to calm his tummy and keep him hydrated and make him more comfy – are they going to run tests on vomit or stools? 

His wee tumtum must be sore – i would give him a hot water bottle with a cover on it (if you have one) will comfort him a bit. 

xtine

will dig out the hottie.. good idea Mugie  :ok: he’s all wrapped up snug now  :-*

hugs to my best boy  :-*  :-*

Christine sent me a pic with his leg all bandanged i DEFINATELY felt sorry for him  🙁  :-*

How is he this morning hun will you txt me ( either number nowLOL!) as not sure if i will get on here at all next couple days  :-*

xtine

he slept with me on the bed all night and Richard took the sofa… he’s been up for a couple of hours whining non-stop.. he’s thirsty i’m sure but he will not drink anything… only thing we can do is syringe it in his mouth till we see the vet again at 11…..

took him out for a pee but no poo as of yet…  :-\

xtine

update….
    we went back to the vets at 11 .. they put him on a drip again as being Fritz, he’d refused to drink anything… had a few more treatments and then was allowed home at 1.45.. he’s asleep now, has been since we got in.. am glad cause when he’s awake he is literally non-stop whining  :-\
    his bandage is off and Suz is not going to be impressed with their handywork  :boooo: they have taken off a ring of hair all around his leg which is about 2 inches long… was expecting a vertical strip… he will look very odd for a while  :yes:

hoping he’ll try a little bit of rice later on.. but really want to see him drink  :yes:

Gwensway

Hi Xantin

Hope Fritz continues to improve for you, Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Give Fritz a B I G hug and kiss from all at Gwensway.

Gwen

Val

Potato is better ((hugs to the lado))

[quote author=xtine link=topic=14896.msg273586#msg273586 date=1258221195]
    update….
    we went back to the vets at 11 .. they put him on a drip again as being Fritz, he’d refused to drink anything… had a few more treatments and then was allowed home at 1.45.. he’s asleep now, has been since we got in.. am glad cause when he’s awake he is literally non-stop whining  :-\
    his bandage is off and Suz is not going to be impressed with their handywork  :boooo: they have taken off a ring of hair all around his leg which is about 2 inches long… was expecting a vertical strip… he will look very odd for a while  :yes:

hoping he’ll try a little bit of rice later on.. but really want to see him drink  :yes:
    [/quote]

xtine

only trouble is our cooker has blown up again  >:D so we are limited to microwave till it’s sorted in the week  :boooo:

we had a very small squitty bloody poop earlier…

oh and must have forgotten to say previously.. it is HGE…
    second time he’s had this.. not this bad previously tho –  but that could just be the meds?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime