Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Pre mating…..

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Pre mating…..

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 177 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Rare for you not to get the point Claire  :suspious:

[quote author=piglet link=topic=12683.msg246228#msg246228 date=1224602734]
    Hi,

i read it and got a very clear sense they push chemical as an organisation and as such i would have thought their courses would have reflected their organisational aims – thats all. 

Claire x
    [/quote]

Dree

[quote author=Val link=topic=12683.msg246226#msg246226 date=1224601912]
    You do like to rock boats   :read: if you looked on the KC site you can find all the information you are asking this is the lass you mail if you have any questions  accreditation.scheme@thekennelclub.org.uk
    The KC do not care one way or the other about vaccinations they just ask for AB to state ie chemical homeopathy or none
    Easy really if you read it
    And Yes this course adds points to becoming an accredited instructor in whatever you wish to take part in different levels are subject to higher numbers of point
    Val
    [/quote]

I’m not quite sure what you mean by rocking boats.  :-\  I’m simply asking questions.  Something wrong with that?  ::)  I *have* looked at the KC site, and they still come across as very pro-vaccination.  From their site:- http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/388 :-
    “Your vet will start your puppy on a course of vaccinations against the four main infectious diseases: Canine Distemper, Hepatitis, Parvovirus and Leptospirosis. All of these diseases can be fatal, so after its first course of vaccinations, it will need re-vaccinating annually.”

Someone needs to tell them that vaccination is not compulsory.  (They make it sound as if it is.)  And they also don’t mention that there is now a three year vaccination protocol.  The KC could be educating councils on the 3-year vaccination protocol, but choose not to.  And, imo, CHC should be informing the KC to change their wording.  Which is why I find it odd that the CHC are running courses which help people to notch up points towards being an Accredited Instuctor.  The CHC should be pro-active in changing the opinions of councils, etc., which could change the lives of many dogs…..that’s what they’re about, isn’t it?  And they could start with the Kennel Club.

[quote author=Dree link=topic=12683.msg246266#msg246266 date=1224616848]

Someone needs to tell them that vaccination is not compulsory.  (They make it sound as if it is.) 

[/quote]

🙂 maybe you could?

Dree

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=12683.msg246272#msg246272 date=1224617955]

Someone needs to tell them that vaccination is not compulsory.  (They make it sound as if it is.) 

[/quote]

🙂 maybe you could?
    [/quote]

Don’t worry, I will.  ;D  But methinks CHC would have a lot more clout than me….just a tad.  :laugh:  After all, Catherine has taken on the Pharma giants, so the KC should be a piece of p***

Anonymous

Don’t you think the KC are dammed if they do and dammed if they don’t?, anything and everthing is about research when those members of joe public ask the breeder they will let them know if they want there stock vaccinated or not the KC is only listing what the BVA recommend.
    Listers come to this board they ask the questions we answer you come on here and have been down everybodies throat since day one sort of your way or no way.
    If we were talking about two fleas farting you would say not in a nice way that they were not
    I for one have had enough if you can’t join in with the disscussion without downng everything that is posted perhaps this board is not for you.
    Most members here are first pet people they know the downside of vaccines WE have told them they can make up there own mind about it, they also have been told about commerical foods WE have told them, again they can make up there own minds just like CHC choose to support the KC they can make up there own mind.
    The way you are behaving runs along the lines of that dam BBC programme find the bad bits and attack without thought to all the good bits many people enjoy Companion Shows on this board I don’t see the KC insisting on vaccinations to show anymore than they do for Crufts
    But hey someones working on the CHC course so lets down that well not on this board they are working hard you just help them or leave the choice is yours
    Val
    [quote author=Dree link=topic=12683.msg246279#msg246279 date=1224618493]
    [quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=12683.msg246272#msg246272 date=1224617955]

[/quote]

🙂 maybe you could?
    [/quote]

Don’t worry, I will.  ;D  But methinks CHC would have a lot more clout than me….just a tad.  :laugh:   After all, Catherine has taken on the Pharma giants, so the KC should be a piece of p***
    [/quote]

Dree

[quote author=Val link=topic=12683.msg246286#msg246286 date=1224620608]

But hey someones working on the CHC course so lets down that well not on this board they are working hard you just help them or leave the choice is yours
    Val

[/quote]

I haven’t “downed” anyone taking the CHC course at all.  I think you need to re-read my posts, and calm down a bit.  It’s in my nature to question and not just accept that what *you* say (or Bev says)….or anyone says….is gospel.

Anonymous

Well try being a bit more positive with your replies and believe me I read all the post there are very few of your posts that are positive and friendly.
    I am always calm I just like to look out for the members if you took the time to look round this board you would know we have a lot of the answers to your question like vaccines food etc
    We also have a lot of students studing various dog related subjects they need advice not statements just from your point of view it’s called Debating and disscussion.
    Not my way is the only way which is how you are coming across
    Val

[quote author=Dree link=topic=12683.msg246298#msg246298 date=1224622648]
    [quote author=Val link=topic=12683.msg246286#msg246286 date=1224620608]

Val

[/quote]

I haven’t “downed” anyone taking the CHC course at all.  I think you need to re-read my posts, and calm down a bit.  It’s in my nature to question and not just accept that what *you* say (or Bev says)….or anyone says….is gospel.
    [/quote]

Dree

[quote author=Val link=topic=12683.msg246301#msg246301 date=1224623311]
    Well try being a bit more positive with your replies and believe me I read all the post there are very few of your posts that are positive and friendly.
    I am always calm I just like to look out for the members if you took the time to look round this board you would know we have a lot of the answers to your question like vaccines food etc
    We also have a lot of students studing various dog related subjects they need advice not statements just from your point of view it’s called Debating and disscussion.
    Not my way is the only way which is how you are coming across
    Val

[/quote]

Strangely enough, I thought we were having a discussion on this thread.  Seems to me that in one thread people were pretty unfriendly to me, but that was okay.  I’ve questioned people on a couple of things….I asked Bev for something to back up her statement (which we should all take as fact?) that a female will instigate a hunt in a wolf pack…no reply yet.  I asked for the facts regarding the AIDS question, where she stated as scientific *fact* that AIDS did not come from the monkey virus in polio vaccines….no answer yet.  Anything I put on here regarding diet, herbs, vaccines, I can back up with the books I have to hand, and the studies I’ve done. 

I was an early member of CHC, and have great admiration for Catherine’s work, so I’m not downing anyone taking any course.  I have fed raw for nearly 18 years, and am studying diet and herbs with a view to making a living out of healing through it…..whether I can find the time to commit to that is something else. 

If I come across as unfriendly…..for that I really do apologise, because that is certainly not my intention.  I live a busy life, and perhaps my mails are too brusque because I’m always fitting this  in-between whatever I’m doing….a client….a diet….training my own dogs, walking my dogs, sheesh…hoovering the livingroom!!

If you want me to leave, or think I should….fine.

Mudgie

:order: :order: and before I start this is not directed to any one person but to all. 

This is a public forum not a Val or Bev forum and us mere members have brains we are not sheep that follow  >:(  I for one have a brain that functions very well and dont need to be told or brainwashed into my opinion. 

Can I just say that you can post whatever you want on the www or internet – it DOESNT mean it is true.  So unless stuff is scientifically proven it is not truth.  We all have experiences just because how we dealt with it worked doesnt mean it will work for everyone or every dog or puppy – so it doesnt mean it is a proven cure. 

And I for one would use alternative or witchy woo methods before I would use chemicals on my dog – everyone is entitled to an opinion but that is all it is.  Unless it is scientifically proven it is not fact.  So and this is a general comment like I said for no one in particular – some of you would be better taking your head from out of your own backside because you seem to think we are at speakers corner and just for the record we’re not.

Dree

Have just taken my head out of my ar**…..sodding *ell, is that the time???  :surprise:  I’m glad you told me that….I mighta hung about here in that position all night.  Just realised I’m  :sleepy:  Gotta get the pup out, and get to bed….with my head on the pillow!  :laugh:  :laugh:

Izzie

locked till further notice…

kizkiznobite

and i have opened it again to post…as i have not even been on since the reply to ‘AID’s post…so how the hell i was supposed to answer is beyond me  ::)

and dree…this is exactly what val is referring to…and what i have mentioned before…you do not read the threads correctly…lets take the AID’s one shall we as the latest example…

I asked for the facts regarding the AIDS question, where she stated as scientific *fact* that AIDS did not come from the monkey virus in polio vaccines….

what I actually said……

post 1
    two sides to every debate….this was covered at a conference on retroviruses and opportunistic infections held by the Nat Cancer Inst in states some years ago, where the findings were that there was no support for the suggestion that SV40 impacts in lymphomagenesis and was not related to AIDs at all…i seem to remember the THT put out a statement …..

post 2

yep..sure they are…but are they offering the other side of the debate that was a scientific study  … as i said…two sides to a debate

so lets clarify that shall we ‘she’ didn’t state as a scientific fact anything…what ‘she’ stated was that at a conference some years ago a scientific study on the matter was debated and their finding were xyz…’she’ did not say that ‘she’ concurred or not with the findings nor did ‘she’ say that AID’s did not come from the monkey virus in polio vacicines or otherwise…

your reply…which I have only read this morning…..
    And I seem to remember that, in fact, the studies were only done for cancer….AIDS was actually implied, but when the question was raised about scientific studies done for Hiv or AIDS, none had been done.  (But if you have references, I’ll be glad to read them.  Although, to be honest, I have read many “scientific” studies which mean zero to me.  The authorities are good at hiding the truth behind figures.)

I was going from memory…and you in fact are not asking for references at all…what you say is but if you have blah blah…but then say ….basically translated as …but there is no point as either 1) I wont understand them or 2) I wont believe them because authorities hide behind the stats…well and good…
    That is your choice…but it sure has hell puts me off bothering to find references  🙂

And those that know me know that when I stop posting on a thread bev has shut up because ‘she’ can’t be arsed anymore or because ‘she’ actually thinks it healthy for folk to go do their own resource searches…the posters know that too….

And I don’t do I will answer hers if she answers mine crap either….i left the playground long ago….

Izzie

Thread is unlocked because and only because Sue still has questions she wants to ask.

If people arent going to stay on topic I will start deleting posts.

Dree

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=12683.msg246320#msg246320 date=1224663091]
    and i have opened it again to post…as i have not even been on since the reply to ‘AID’s post…so how the hell i was supposed to answer is beyond me  ::)

and dree…this is exactly what val is referring to…and what i have mentioned before…you do not read the threads correctly…lets take the AID’s one shall we as the latest example…

I asked for the facts regarding the AIDS question, where she stated as scientific *fact* that AIDS did not come from the monkey virus in polio vaccines….

what I actually said……

post 1
    two sides to every debate….this was covered at a conference on retroviruses and opportunistic infections held by the Nat Cancer Inst in states some years ago, where the findings were that there was no support for the suggestion that SV40 impacts in lymphomagenesis and was not related to AIDs at all…i seem to remember the THT put out a statement …..

post 2

yep..sure they are…but are they offering the other side of the debate that was a scientific study  … as i said…two sides to a debate

so lets clarify that shall we ‘she’ didn’t state as a scientific fact anything…what ‘she’ stated was that at a conference some years ago a scientific study on the matter was debated and their finding were xyz…’she’ did not say that ‘she’ concurred or not with the findings nor did ‘she’ say that AID’s did not come from the monkey virus in polio vacicines or otherwise…

your reply…which I have only read this morning…..
    And I seem to remember that, in fact, the studies were only done for cancer….AIDS was actually implied, but when the question was raised about scientific studies done for Hiv or AIDS, none had been done.  (But if you have references, I’ll be glad to read them.  Although, to be honest, I have read many “scientific” studies which mean zero to me.  The authorities are good at hiding the truth behind figures.)

I was going from memory…and you in fact are not asking for references at all…what you say is but if you have blah blah…but then say ….basically translated as …but there is no point as either 1) I wont understand them or 2) I wont believe them because authorities hide behind the stats…well and good…
    That is your choice…but it sure has hell puts me off bothering to find references  🙂

And those that know me know that when I stop posting on a thread bev has shut up because ‘she’ can’t be arsed anymore or because ‘she’ actually thinks it healthy for folk to go do their own resource searches…the posters know that too….

And I don’t do I will answer hers if she answers mine crap either….i left the playground long ago….

[/quote]

Am I allowed to reply to some points re: this post…..or not?  :-\

Izzie

Sue asked me to reopen the thread.

So unless it is to do with Kodi and premating, the answer is no

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 177 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime