Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Pre mating…..

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Pre mating…..

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 177 total)
  • Author
    kizkiznobite

[quote author=Dree link=topic=12683.msg245198#msg245198 date=1224015529]
    [quote author=Val link=topic=12683.msg245151#msg245151 date=1224008101]

And if your have the cure for fading pups I would love to learn what you saved them with when the vets can’t
    Val

[/quote]

I am up to my neck with work, so very quickly….vaccines are not the quick fix that the vaccine manufacturers make them out to be.  Jmho.  As for the cure for fading pups…..it is a herbal mix which is called Raspberry Compound.  I can’t give the ingredients, as it under copyright.  I didn’t make it up…..someone I know did….and it works.  Just as Parvaid works, so no need for the Parvo vaccine, either.  Alternatives are out there, but most people just blindly follow the vaccine route….and end up with dogs with skin problems, auto immune diseases, etc.

Edited to add that the RC can be given to the in-whelp bitch.
    [/quote]

are you saying they call you and you attend the whelping to give the RC….?  that must be so satisfying

Anonymous

The Dobe data base was fab, but unfortunatley its not been working for some time, I know Christine had a back op and since then she’s not done anything on it. 🙁

and I am def having first choice!! ;D

kizkiznobite

and in case anyone has missed it…minpin as added to post above …poor boyo my heart bleeds…

Bilclarie

[quote author=jaydex link=topic=12683.msg245335#msg245335 date=1224084939]
    The Dobe data base was fab, but unfortunatley its not been working for some time, I know Christine had a back op and since then she’s not done anything on it. 🙁

and I am def having first choice!! ;D
    [/quote]

Have you looked on the DVIN website, it has thousands of pedigrees on there with health results and some pictures.

Mo and the Gang

Anonymous

yep neither dog I am interested in is on there 🙂

kayc

I am really not sure whether to come in on this thread or not.. I am confused..

Is the question to use the CHVaccine.. or a routine annual booster vaccine

Is there a need for boostering?.. have titres been taken?.. bear in mind.. CH gives a false negative titre during dormancy…

Or is this also including any/all recommended breed health tests…

apologies for vagueness (is that a word lol)  I literally skimmed through the thread..

Dree

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=12683.msg245332#msg245332 date=1224084194]
    are you saying they call you and you attend the whelping to give the RC….?  that must be so satisfying
    [/quote]

I post the herbs out to whoever, with instructions.  The satisfying part is holding puppies that are alive and well.  I went to a show and sat with a litter of sheltie pups who’s owner had phoned me at 1am in the morning when the pups were about one week old.  At seven weeks old, I sat and played with them…..that was most certainly the satisfying part.

For your information, the Raspberry Compound contains six herbs….this is four of them.  Raspberry…deals with tonsillitis, vaginal discharge.  Dandelion….cachexia and other wasting diseases.  Yarrow….yeast infection.  Hawthorn….prevents miscarriage.  As you can see….a combination of herbs which deals with the issues necessary for prevention of miscarriage, yeast infection, wasting, etc.

Anonymous

i remember something about raspberry tea helping with contractions or something when i was pregnant …?

Sweetypye

Dorwest Herbs produce a product for easy whelping Raspberry leaf based, it is a well known remedy for both animals and humans.,

http://secure.dorwest.com/prodinfo.asp?number=RL

kizkiznobite

yep…that been around for lord knows how many years…it in my grans diaries in her own version… but for fading puppy sydrome.. :-\

and…good job we have a decent post most of the time  🙂

Dree

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=12683.msg245494#msg245494 date=1224178723]
    yep…that been around for lord knows how many years…it in my grans diaries in her own version… but for fading puppy sydrome.. :-\

and…good job we have a decent post most of the time  🙂
    [/quote]

Herbs have certainly worked for many, many years.  (Which is why I use them and study them.)  The fact that someone can come up with a combination that helps fading puppies should not be so surprising.  (Just like Parvaid.)

I advise anyone about to breed that they use the RC on the bitch….and then the pups won’t need it, so some breeders have it in their cupboards to give to their bitch….it should be used throughout pregnancy, and is perfectly safe.

kizkiznobite

dree..had you read any of my other old posts you would know that i have family diaries doing back to the 1860’s and the lore in them was passed on by previous women in the family…so no.. so no suprises at all for me…but…you said you had treated pups with fading puppy syndrome yes? …now…i am not disputing that ….but…with these herbs in the post    :-\…. :-\ well glad they survived ….but whatever they had in MHO it was not genuine fading puppy sydrome….not with that timespan…so yep i am baffled…..because what you infer is that you get a call in the night and treat…not that girlies (sorry i wont use the word bitch) have been getting throughout pregnancy etc….so yep…i am confused…

Dree

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=12683.msg245507#msg245507 date=1224181128]
    dree..had you read any of my other old posts you would know that i have family diaries doing back to the 1860’s and the lore in them was passed on by previous women in the family…so no.. so no suprises at all for me…but…you said you had treated pups with fading puppy syndrome yes? …now…i am not disputing that ….but…with these herbs in the post     :-\…. :-\ well glad they survived ….but whatever they had in MHO it was not genuine fading puppy sydrome….not with that timespan…so yep i am baffled…..because what you infer is that you get a call in the night and treat…not that girlies (sorry i wont use the word bitch) have been getting throughout pregnancy etc….so yep…i am confused…
    [/quote]

I’ve already said I don’t have the time to read through other posts.  Yes, treated fading puppies.  Why not with that timespan?  Sent off special delivery in the morning….there the next day….not in time to save the pup she called about.  But all pups don’t fall ill at the same time, so in time to save the rest, who were not yet showing symptoms.  But the bitch should be treated, and then there wouldn’t be any ill pups.

kizkiznobite

ok…fair enough…but ..what if the reason was canine herpes?

Dree

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=12683.msg245509#msg245509 date=1224182875]
    ok…fair enough…but ..what if the reason was canine herpes?
    [/quote]

???  ???

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 177 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime