Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Rafe’s film debut!!! Please watch!!

Home Archive Forums Dogs Advanced Dog Training Rafe’s film debut!!! Please watch!!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    kizkiznobite

::)

darks/light is the dead easy peasy bit….

ok…what has opening and closing a door got to do with the stage you are at….can he already open and close a small door…can he already deal with a switch….chaining…..it is what? what does mango mean to falkor?

Justine&Rafe

Ironing – I don’t even do that myself!  I’d need to get him a little uniform!

I remember what mango means to falkor – I tell EVERYONE that story!

Opening and closing not quite where we at yet!  But hopefully in a few months…

He can get the front door open.  Jumps up – looks at handle, thumps great whacking paw down on handle, door opens ta daaaaah!  Grr.  He defo freeshaped that one because it wasn’t something I wanted him to do!

he’ll push open doors with his nose, but have never tried to get him to open them if they are fixed shut… And he has never closed a door in his life, you’d think he was born in a barn.  That’s a good one to work on.

As far as small door concerned – I can fashion most things out of card, string, sellotape and glue (missed out on my career in Blue Peter), so I could arrange a training situ… Not sure what exactly I’d be trying to replicate…

Switch – no, he has never dealt with one of those.  Do you mean the sort that turns on lights and plug sockets, or the sticky outy ones which flick up and down?

Sorting darks and lights is easy???  But that’s a task that most MEN fail at never mind dogs!!

Anonymous

Well done Justine! Very jealous!

*Lassie*

I remember what mango means to falkor – I tell EVERYONE that story!

How about telling us ;D

Justine&Rafe

OK, Bev and the AMAZING Falkor.  (seriously – I don’t think I’d be able to do it)  (Oooh, and if I got any of it wrong, tell me and I’ll edit it right again!!)

Bev sits down, gives Falkor the clue “Mango”.

Falkor goes up to the bedroom and sniffs through the books on the bedside table – which one has Bevmum been using, and which most recently…  Gets book, brings it down and places it on table next to Bev.  Goes into sitting room (I think!) and picks up Bev’s reading glasses from side table – brings reading glasses back and puts them next to the book…

Bev reads (altho she didn’t say what sort of books she likes, so you’ll have to use your imagination there!)

And when she’s finished reading she takes her glasses off, puts them back down, and puts the book back down on the table next to her.  Without any extra cues, Falkor then picks up glasses and takes them back to the side table in the sitting room, returns, picks up book and takes it back upstairs, back into the bedroom, and back from where he took it first.

Just to give you some idea on how long this all took, I remember Bev telling me it took him… what was it… nearly 5 months just to get the ‘putting the book back in the right place’ bit.

She is AMAZING.  And Falkor definitely a better catch than my fella!

kizkiznobite

he cannot do it anymore bless him, hasnt been able to for a while…he still tries to free shape and he can hear a loud click but he is nearly blind now and his sense of smell is leaving him so he can’t find the treats…he was always a brill free shaper…. 🙂

he will still try fetch a book or the remote or a shoe etc but the succes rate is low so he switches off…can still open the bloody fridge tho  >:D

*Lassie*

Very clever boy :yes: :-*

..can still open the bloody fridge tho

And you wouldn’t have it any other way :agree: ;D

kizkiznobite

no lassie i wouldnt…to ami’s disgust he is curled up at my feet on the sofa…her spot normally at night..

chaining is great fun….so what are you going to do next jus…. 😀

be careful with door opening – i have 2 bolts on my downstairs door because of a certain door opening foster dog lol !!  funny that they all seem to leave their little legacy …

rafa was the chewed table and the worlds tallest dog gate, sammi the door bolts, denis a new washing basket ….. wonder what the next one will be leaving behind !!

Justine&Rafe

Grrr.

Just as we getting somewhere!!  Pride before a fall and all that.

Next step was to try rags with no knot in, then bigger rags, then small towel.

He has NO IDEA.

Looks at the rag with complete confusion.  Doesn’t even want to pick it up, never mind put it in the washing machine!

Think he has been focussing on the knot, same sort of feel as a tennis ball, and without it he’s a bit lost.  He picked it up at one point, then dropped it and did snoozy on it!!

Got as far as him sort of dragging it to cardboard box, before dropping it with the tiniest of corners hanging into the box.  Loathe not to click him for it as even this is obviously causing him serious confusion!

DOH!  He’s a looooong way from earning his little housekeeper’s uniform!

(Oh, yep, defo too late for the door opening!  WON’T be teaching him how to open his crate tho!)

xtine

that vid is ACE.. you’ve done well there!!! Am very impressed  :ok:

kizkiznobite

why didnt you click it…. ::)  :nono: :nono:

whats rhe rules when changing/upping criteria….

Justine&Rafe

I did click it… I just didn’t know whether I should be…. Ok, so that bit right then.

So I should just keep persevering!

Didn’t realise he’d have quite such an issue with that.  Guess I’ve just got to learn to think better dog!

kizkiznobite

good i read that you hadnt…when you alter the criteria back up…

when i come tomorrow i expect to see a nice pile of washed and ironed laundry… :agree: :agree:

wait till you see his ‘keys’ cue !!!!  its FAB 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime