Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Re: Cats and their wandering

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs in the News Re: Cats and their wandering

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    *Lassie*

Think we all understand Diesel, it’s your livelihood at stake and not a decision you would take lightly. 😉 

wags

[quote author=Diesel73 link=topic=11910.msg230569#msg230569 date=1216151498]
    You not on my side of the fence  😉 . We all form our thoughts to our own life. [/quote]

i am

i can understand people having cats as pets but allowing them to tresspass and distroy other peoples property just isnt on

Diesel73

[quote author=*Lassie* link=topic=11910.msg230617#msg230617 date=1216155211]
    Think we all understand Diesel, it’s your livelihood at stake and not a decision you would take lightly. 😉 
    [/quote]
    That is exactly the point i’m trying to get across Lassie. Thank you for not taking it the wrong way  :-*  .

[quote author=wags link=topic=11910.msg230620#msg230620 date=1216155299]
    You not on my side of the fence  😉 . We all form our thoughts to our own life. [/quote]

i am

i can understand people having cats as pets but allowing them to tresspass and distroy other peoples property just isnt on
    [/quote]
    Unfortunatly Waggie…. not many people understand. All they see is poor cat, and bad you.
    This is a very sensitive topic here. Previously i said foxes are endangoured. That was wrong, they not endangeroured specie, they protected animals. You not aloud to shout anything unless you got permit to hunt and only at specific places.
    I know many people that stick pointy pieces of glass when they poor thin layer of concrete behind their fence. So if cat or other animal jumps over their fence…..  :-\ .
    That i find cruel. I find better 1 good clear shot if nothing else helps.
    But these days even mouse traps are considered ‘wrong’. Even mouse/rat glue is not sold anymore. Perhaps nasty for those animals, but was very effective. To many complained it was ‘animal unfriendly’. Yeah sure  🙁 , but you’ll think twice befor you say that again when your barn suddenly gets raided by an army of them, eating away your winterfoodstorage for your animals  ::) .

GSPmad

Oeshe girl, you don’t have to agree with me  :-* . I can really understand why you think that way, but….
    [/quote]

i do like you diesel.  :-*

and i do see it from your point of view – and you are trapping and returning fi8rst and giving people a chance to sort it not just shooting the cats, and are shooting to protect your stock not to maim for fun – is maiming for fun i have a big problem with.  :-\

and – have i got this right?  ??? CATS are allowed to roam free in your country. but DOGS have to be kept on leads at all times off your own property? or have i got confused?

GSPmad

[quote author=Diesel73 link=topic=11910.msg230634#msg230634 date=1216156145]
    But these days even mouse traps are considered ‘wrong’.
    [/quote]

think i wrote this somewhere else – had an argument with mother over mouse traps. was a mouse in the cupboard eating holes thro stuff.  >:( she thought i should get a live trap – i thought i should – and did – get a nice neck snapping trap. i said the live traps were cruel – because of the stress to the mouse of being trapped – and then what the h*ll would you do with it – they are house mice not field mice… when she kept going on about how i shouldn’t kill it i said fine – will trap it and bring it over to your house to live there then. she went quiet after that.  😀

and the neck snapping trap did its work nice and quick for mousie.  🙂

Diesel73
    quote :

and – have i got this right?  ??? CATS are allowed to roam free in your country. but DOGS have to be kept on leads at all times off your own property? or have i got confused?

No  >:( ….. You not confused  ::) *sigh*. Is correct. Cats are allowed to go anywhere and do anything and dogs are never not aload anything….
    You are NOT aload to;
    let dog of lead anywhere, at any time accept on your own property or in the garden of for example your mate/mother/who ever gave permission for you to enter with your dog.
    Not aload to go take dog on beach at anytime anywhere.
    You not aload to take anywhere of your property unless on lead and got at least 1 sh.tbag per dog in your pocket or you get 50 euro fine.

Also you NOT aload to;
    trap cat,
    scare cat,
    harm cat,
    or anything else cause cat is free to go anywhere (including YOUR property) at anytime and the cat is NOT your property but someone elses.

Every dog owner breaks the law. I not wonder why  ::) ….

quote :

will trap it and bring it over to your house to live there then. she went quiet after that. 

Hahahaha  😀 , you could have used a live-trap, than not mention it till her birthday, with a little pink ribbon around his neck hahaha.
    Not fieldmice ay…. Want of those a few? Or more?  ::) . On average winter i can send you 3 digit number of fieldmice 😛 .
    Got a lot of those snapping traps around. But the glue worked better. Is more cruel yes, it takes longer for the mice to die. But very effective if somewhere for example near the door. The get stuck when they enter. That special rotant glue has somesort of sedating poison in it. Got some pretty powerfull ratpoison around too. But got to be vèèèry carefull with where i use that.

Pc mouse just frooze…. have to lock of pc and reboot it. Think he don’t like all this deathwish towards mice stuff ….

GSPmad

[quote author=Diesel73 link=topic=11910.msg231117#msg231117 date=1216490680]

quote :

and – have i got this right?   ??? CATS are allowed to roam free in your country. but DOGS have to be kept on leads at all times off your own property? or have i got confused?

No  >:( ….. You not confused  ::) *sigh*. Is correct. Cats are allowed to go anywhere and do anything and dogs are never not aload anything….
    You are NOT aload to;
    let dog of lead anywhere, at any time accept on your own property or in the garden of for example your mate/mother/who ever gave permission for you to enter with your dog.
    Not aload to go take dog on beach at anytime anywhere.
    You not aload to take anywhere of your property unless on lead and got at least 1 sh.tbag per dog in your pocket or you get 50 euro fine.

Also you NOT aload to;
    trap cat,
    scare cat,
    harm cat,
    or anything else cause cat is free to go anywhere (including YOUR property) at anytime and the cat is NOT your property but someone elses.

Every dog owner breaks the law. I not wonder why  ::) ….
    [/quote]

because it is a b****y ridiculous law by the sounds of it.  ::)

GSPmad

[quote author=Diesel73 link=topic=11910.msg231117#msg231117 date=1216490680]
    [

quote :

will trap it and bring it over to your house to live there then. she went quiet after that. 

Hahahaha  😀 , you could have used a live-trap, than not mention it till her birthday, with a little pink ribbon around his neck hahaha.
    Not fieldmice ay…. Want of those a few? Or more?  ::) . On average winter i can send you 3 digit number of fieldmice 😛 .
    Got a lot of those snapping traps around. But the glue worked better. Is more cruel yes, it takes longer for the mice to die. But very effective if somewhere for example near the door. The get stuck when they enter. That special rotant glue has somesort of sedating poison in it. Got some pretty powerfull ratpoison around too. But got to be vèèèry carefull with where i use that.

[/quote]

it is my mother’s birthday on friday.  ;D i asked her what she wanted however, and she did not request a live mouse. but it would be a nice surprise i am sure.  😀

has just reminded me of something – and one of the reasons why everyone is glad their child\ren wasn’t\ weren’t like me.  ;D remember taking my mother home a dead mouse that i found at school wrapped up in a paper towel when i was 7.  ;D ;D 😀 i thought it was a nice present….  :-\  ???

Pc mouse just frooze…. have to lock of pc and reboot it. Think he don’t like all this deathwish towards mice stuff ….

😀 😀 😀

Diesel73

After reboting twice  ::) …

Yes, it’s a stupid law. Nobody seems to get it, except for the politicy that made that law and those among us who can profit by it  ::) .

quote :

i do like you diesel. 

Dito Gsp  :-* , dito  😉 .

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime