Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Sat 6th June 2009 Wandle Valley Festival

Home Archive Forums Calendar Events Sat 6th June 2009 Wandle Valley Festival

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Izzie

The friends of wandle park and the council are doing an event in the park, this includes a dog show.

Saturday 6th June

Wandle Park in Croydon

Starting 10am till 5pm

Activities include:
    Games for dogs
    Rescue stalls
    Deomnstrations
    Skate park event with celebrity skaters / BMX riders
    Farmers Market
    Storyteller for Children
    Refreshments / Barbecue
    Dr Bike display
    Waddons Got Tallent competion

http://www.wandlepark.com/

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=51.375424,-0.112352&spn=0.010166,0.022209&z=16

I have been asked to post on here as there are spaces available for any rescues who  may be interested in attending, email; info@wandlepark.com

Hi there

I have cross-posted this on our Rescue Remedies Forum to see if there is anyone who can run a stall for us.  Many thanks for the information ;D

Izzie

Just to add that stalls for Rescues are free

I also got this email explaining a bit more about the event!

The event is part of the Wandle Valley Festival which has events happening along the route of the river Wandle in South London across 2 days. Wandle Park in Croydon is at the source of the river and we are holding an event in the park on the Saturday the 6th of June from 10 – 5. the event is basically “let’s get loads of things in the park for people to do!”

Last year was the first year we held the event and had a massive turnout on a wonderful day, You can view photographs of the event at: http://www.pyromark.com/wpims/the_hidden_wandle

This year the event is more organised with lots of events and stalls in the park including:

A skate park event with competition and celebrity riders / skaters.

Funfair

Farmers / Fair Trade Market

Waddon’s got talent completion

Storytellers

Photography Exhibition

Dr Bike session

Refreshments

Gun Dog Display

Agility equipment

Dog Charities

Cat Charities

The event will be well publicised in the local press, flyers, banners and posters.

As the park users are mostly dog walkers, I am determined to make sure that dogs are well represented at the event! All of the stalls in the market are paying to be at the event, but as Chairman of the friend (Who are the primary source of funding for the event), I am keen that good causes get a place for free, to that end, there are no costs involved for you. The council will need to see a risk assessment and any insurance certificate for any activities you want to do in the park. You will be expected to be set up in time for the opening and there is no vehicle movement on site until the end of the event at 5. You are welcome to park a car / van with your stall. We will need to know how much space you will need allocated.

As the event is primarily an event organised by the Friends of Wandle Park and the council, we are keen that the Friends group are the primary fundraisers at the event, to this end we will be going round collecting donations, we do not mind you asking for donations on your stand or selling goods to raise funds form a stand.

Izzie

bumping this up as it is tomorrow

I will be there on the ESSW stand with Jess, Livia and possibly Trixie too, if you come, come and say hello  :ok:

Bonnie K
    Participant

Thank you so much for such excellent update on your blog about the valley festival. The people who are looking for the event to join they have to contribute. Keep it up to share proofreaders uk updates for the public hope the update would be supportive.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime