Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Schnauzers

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dog Breeds Schnauzers

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

I have a friend in England with three ps/gs.Β  Fritz looks like a sweetie!

Anonymous

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=9023.msg236953#msg236953 date=1219063207]
    better start learning german thenΒ  πŸ™‚
    [/quote] πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ I do talk to Floyd in German sometimes, hahaha. Mein liebling mittelschnauzer πŸ˜€ A giant came bounding over to us in the forest the other day and I squealed so loudly “awww it’s a GIANT FLOYD!” and I think the owner thought I was a nutter.

I am just about to start CD/UD/WD/TD and PD. I have seen a giant doing some obedience the other day at a show and it looked great, however, with the high scale required, 6 foot, I.m not sure a giant’s shoulders will hold out, so looking at a standard, preferebly black. watched 1 in germany doing it’s manwork, fantastic to watch.

Sweetypye

I think what you mean is that you are just about to start Working Trials, you have to qualify CD first before going on to the other stakes (in championship anyway)!

There have been Giant Schnauzers worked here as Police Dogs and several compete on the continent in Schutzhund, Mondio etc. However the breeding in the UK generally produces a different type of dog.

Irish Wolfhounds and Great Danes to name but two giant breeds have qualified in Working Trials over the 6ft scale.

A miniature schnauzer had qualified in Working Trials and I seem to remember a standard years ago.Β  Not sure they would be up to the manwork in the UK though!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime