Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Show training thread….

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Show training thread….

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Sweetypye

It is the same with weims, but if you look at those breeds with tails, they tend to hold them out straight………..

Mind you it depends on how long your arms and the tails are!

kizkiznobite

out in the field it a nightmare just coping with the feathering…in fact cubert has very little tatty scratty feathering at the moment …had to cut out so many burrs …a right mess…lord knows what i would do with it if i wanted to show him…dont know how the show folk that also work are coping…
    also he carries it different according to what he doing…if he street walking he relaxes it into a a slight curve and low carriage but in the field free running he stretches it on …setter style….the other problem with it is he wags it in a circle more than just side to side so it picks up all sorts to crap and dust and mud…also and this is interesting…there is a sharp sudden thinning …not gradual …of the actual tail at the point were a dock would have been taken to…almost as if it had started to happen genetically…weird

so sorry izz…cant help with tail carriage  🙂

*Lassie*

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=14613.msg271164#msg271164 date=1249939861]
    [quote author=Izzie link=topic=14613.msg271150#msg271150 date=1249935755]
    The thread is for Val and other to teach people how to stand their dog not to point out Livia’s hairy feet.

Yes I know they need trimming, no I wont do it till I been shown how to do it properly no point me buggering it up so close to the shows.
    [/quote]

Well excuse me – in future i will keep my nose out.
    [/quote]

Well that’s us told Suz, a little gentle ribbing ……………..
    Note to self – don’t post in threads unless you know all about the subject ::)

*Nat*

Wow Izzie she’s looking gorgeous and has certainly grown, pretty girl  :-*

Good luck with the showing Izzie, I’m sure you’ll learn loads as you go along  🙂

Izzie

SP, was told that Tail should be carried level with back and feathered and looks like golden retreivers tail

thanks Nat, will sort out walkies soon with you and Piper  🙂

Val

Nope IMO it’s about the whole dog we know Izzie is a novice in the world of showdogs so I guess she will get someone to trim them at a show.
    Showing is not just about stacking a dog the whole picture has to be right.
    Bev her head was a little high in some of her pictures but the stand was much better than some that were sent to me.
    As for tails coming from a none docked breed IMO they should be carried as Cubert is carrying his at the end of the day they are a working dog so they need the tails for balance which means carried low when walking and out like a arrow for balance when moving at speed.
    Please lets not have bickering over the posts just enjoy the fact we have a pupster hopefully setting out to be a showdog with tidy feet coming later and hopefully a bit more body feathering.
    Val

[quote author=*Lassie* link=topic=14613.msg271195#msg271195 date=1249998012]
    [quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=14613.msg271164#msg271164 date=1249939861]
    [quote author=Izzie link=topic=14613.msg271150#msg271150 date=1249935755]
    The thread is for Val and other to teach people how to stand their dog not to point out Livia’s hairy feet.

Yes I know they need trimming, no I wont do it till I been shown how to do it properly no point me buggering it up so close to the shows.
    [/quote]

Well excuse me – in future i will keep my nose out.
    [/quote]

Well that’s us told Suz, a little gentle ribbing ……………..
    Note to self – don’t post in threads unless you know all about the subject ::)
    [/quote]

Izzie

Val, you got dogworld this week and/or last week? Livia’s brother was in itwant to see his pic and how he standing as breeder showed him

Val

I will have a look remind me of the affix

[quote author=Izzie link=topic=14613.msg271564#msg271564 date=1251150160]
    Val, you got dogworld this week and/or last week? Livia’s brother was in itwant to see his pic and how he standing as breeder showed him
    [/quote]

Izzie

sealumber super trooper

Val

Seems the rest of this topic has been lost to the board elf.
    And Bev has nicked the clumber photo

i have no idea what is going on with people’s posts…. lol

she looks lovely izzie, really pretty girl!  Good luck next month  :-*

Izzie

VALLL!!!!

Took Livia to a companion Show today, was nervous as hell and she got 2nd in AV pedigree puppy and 4th in Working/gundog/hound  ;D ;D ;D and judge was a clumber man! think she would have done better if she didnt bliming bounce and go into manic puppy mode  ::) :baby:

also met another 3 clumbers who immediately recognised her lines, they have a Heibax girlie – a working clumber and an oldie whose name I cant remember :-[

Izzie

He has tweedsmuir in him! the oldie boyo that is!  ;D

Val

Great
    The way I stop the bouncy bit ( you ain’t seen nothing until you see a beardie bounce)is stop and just say steady thats all in time she will stop, but by you stopping and using a word she will get there.
    Well Done
    Val

[quote author=Izzie link=topic=14613.msg271729#msg271729 date=1251657071]
    VALLL!!!!

Took Livia to a companion Show today, was nervous as hell and she got 2nd in AV pedigree puppy and 4th in Working/gundog/hound  ;D ;D ;D and judge was a clumber man! think she would have done better if she didnt bliming bounce and go into manic puppy mode  ::) :baby:

also met another 3 clumbers who immediately recognised her lines, they have a Heibax girlie – a working clumber and an oldie whose name I cant remember :-[
    [/quote]

Izzie

Right ok, I did get steady in and she then went into walking properly, and did the good show pretty too
    Didnt think about stopping though  :-[

Was a fair few people who were obviously pro’s at showing, one woman got the right hump with me when her vizla tried to mug me! ::)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime