Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Show training thread….

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Show training thread….

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Misty23

Well done you two, yip some in the show world can be mean

Izzie

Went to driffield yesterday, Livia was entered into puppy bitch and minor puppy bitch

She got 2nd for both  ;D ;D was only 1 other in both classes but judge said it was so so close  ;D

Now aiming for first place methinks!  ;D

Misty23

We’ll be seeing you at Crufts then  ;D ;D well done both of you. I;lm sure 1st is round the corner, now are you ready for your grooming lesson this week on FEET 😀

*Nat*

Well done that’s fab  :ok:  :-*

Val

Well done Izzie

xtine

Well done.. we need a pic update me thinks  :agree:

Gwensway

:help:
    I have a beautiful Sheltie who will not stand still in the ring, he is six years old, has been shown since he was six months old. He insists on turning around and generally messing around. He stands perfectly at Home and training classes. I have shown for a number of years with other Shelties who have all behaved perfectly in the ring. I have tried valerian etc with no effect. Any advice appreciated.

*Lassie*

[quote author=Gwensway link=topic=14613.msg273213#msg273213 date=1256579888]
    I have a beautiful Sheltie who will not stand still in the ring, he is six years old, has been shown since he was six months old. He insists on turning around and generally messing around. He stands perfectly at Home and training classes. I have shown for a number of years with other Shelties who have all behaved perfectly in the ring. I have tried valerian etc with no effect. Any advice appreciated.
    [/quote]

We need pictures 🙂 hi and welcome to the forum

Val

If he stands at training classes then I recommend a large scotch for the handler  :ok:
    Have you ever given him to someone else to show?
    Welcome to the board tell us about your dogs in intro

[quote author=Gwensway link=topic=14613.msg273213#msg273213 date=1256579888]
    [/quote]

Val

So he is the same for friends then the problem is lack of focus.
    There are many ways to solve this as you have been showing the odd year or two  ;D I would guess you have tried most things what do you use to get the focus on you at shows and training any training at home does not count
    Val

Gwensway

[quote author=Val link=topic=14613.msg 273228#msg 273228 date=1256652421]
    So he is the same for friends then the problem is lack of focus.
    There are many ways to solve this as you have been showing the odd year or two  ;D I would guess you have tried most things what do you use to get the focus on you at shows and training any training at home does not count
    Val
    [/quote]

Hi Val.

I have tried most treats on the market, bacon, chicken, cheese etc favourite toys etc talking to him etc. I did try a clicker but that ran me foul of other exhibitors so I had to stop that same with rustling empty packets etc. As you can tell I am running out of ideas but am loath to give up on him.

Val

How about home cooked liver bites  ;D

Gwensway

[quote author=Val link=topic=14613.msg273235#msg273235 date=1256657950]
    How about home cooked liver bites  ;D
    [/quote]

Hi Val

I have tried bought liver cake and ordinary liver, Is that something different? Have you got a recipe you can share? Thank you Gwen

*Lassie*

Ilb liver (ox is best)
    9 tablespoons of plain flour
    an egg
    garlic
    and some milk
    blitz the liver, add beaten egg flour and garlic. Enough milk to thin it out then bake for 20 mins in a moderate oven.
    You know if it’s right as the whole house will stink of it and the dogs will sit by the oven ;D

Gwensway

Hi Lassie,

Thank you, I will try that, at least if it does not work I will give it to the other half for his tea. lol! :laugh:  Gwen

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime