Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

So do ya think I’m nearly all growed up then ?

Home Archive Forums General Category Puppy talk So do ya think I’m nearly all growed up then ?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Dyane – wasnt meaning to disrespect your breeding just felt from piccies she was close with the white (she’s stunning btw – all your dogs are!!!) 

and yep – the “undesirable” would be too much white, nice lines tho 😀  does that mean then if you breed from her (all usual considerations/tests being fine of course) that you would choose a male with alot of colour to try and make sure you didnt get over white pups or would you consider her too borderline to breed from anyway? (just wondering – just talking colour here).

also i was told the hearing loss is due to having no pigment on the ears – ie: all white ears is that right or is it that dogs who are genetically deaf just tend to have excess white on them?  are ‘wall eyes’ (where they look blind but arent) caused by lack of pigment in eyes ?

the other question .. seeing as no-one is in a guessing mood – bah !!

i’d say near as damn it Wu is a half face (sometimes called split face) dog and the reason they were bred FOR is (i believe) so that when farmers worked 2 dogs (or more) together they could instantly tell which dog was which from some distance (does anyone know if this is right).

Claire x

Anonymous

LOLOL I didn’t breed them in fact I have never “bred”a litter of BCs, but I did have a stud dog in the 1980’s & he was a classically marked B & W.

Mr Wu has a white faced sister, but she too has black ears & they all have 100’s of norty spots9especially Jessie)

Colour isn’t something I consider when looking for a dog for Jessie(if she ever has a season that is) I’m only considering ISDS dogs for her(to water down even further the “foreign”bloodlines) The white faces IMHO are not connected to deafness(at least not in Border Collies)& neither are blue eyes. However both Wu & Jessie have dark eyes & there aren’t any blue eyes close up in the pedigree.

kizkiznobite

ha has grwon into a stunner dyane ..he looks good  🙂

.dodger.

wow can’t believe how big he is!!! 😀 he looks lovely dyane :-* :-*

Anonymous

awww, he is stunning.  ;D Very cute!

Anonymous

i luruuuuuuurve Jess’s naught spots they’re fab 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime