Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Sticky Subjects

Home Archive Forums Messages from Admin Mods area Sticky Subjects

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I am going to do some pruning.  We have nearly 200,000 messages on the board.

Any old threads (over 1 year old since they were last posted in) that is not in a sticky area and set to sticky I will look at deleting.

If there is anything out there that is locked or is a really good thread, it will need to be moved to the sticky subjects area and made sticky.

Any problems, let me know.

Cheers
    Colin

*Nat*

Anything we can do to help Colin?  ;D I guess I should delete some of my 300 messages, that would help  :-[

Anonymous
    Inactive

Not to worry.  This can be done automatically.  This forum has a few good tricks hidden in the back.

The only problem is, it will delete EVERYTHING, unless you have put it up safe.  For that reason I thought I would let you know.  I am looking at deleting anything that has not had a post in over a year, so they will be old topics.  As I say making them sticky will make them safe from the automated cull.

Cheers
    Colin

Izzie

Any chance of you being able to retrieve a thread or two Colin? :-\

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry, not as such.  I did make a back up of the forum, but it would take a lot of work to find a single thread.  What I will look at doing is making a a few changes to the web site.  If that goes well, then I will look at recovering some of the old threads that disappeared recently.

This week end I am going to look at putting the forum on hold as I move to the new server.  When the new server switches on the forum will automatically appear on the new server.  When I put it on hold I can move all the threads, members and everything else to the new server.

The reason I am doing this, is because I can not get the photo gallery and a few other things to work on the current server.

If it runs smooth, I can look at fixing the likes of the old threads.  If it does not run smooth, I will be trying to fix it, or in the worst case, move back to the old server.

Izzie

I found the post on another forum so have cross posted it back here.

Anonymous

Who’s nicking post from here ?
    Good Luck Colin

[quote author=Izzie link=topic=13207.msg255156#msg255156 date=1229456663]
    I found the post on another forum so have cross posted it back here.

[/quote]

Izzie

No, not like that, it was a post Bev wrote about Falkor – his story, it went missing on here so I went and found it on the other forum and posted it back on here for her.

Anonymous

Thats OK then x thought someone was nicking posts again

[quote author=Izzie link=topic=13207.msg255173#msg255173 date=1229464581]
    No, not like that, it was a post Bev wrote about Falkor – his story, it went missing on here so I went and found it on the other forum and posted it back on here for her.
    [/quote]

kizkiznobite

colin…we seem to have lost some subjects from the stickies area in the last cull….unless i am going nuts…i am sure i put vals biscuit recipes in there and can’t find them….and i had a training one that i cant find either…..is it poss to get stuff back

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime