Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Suki

Home Archive Forums Dogs Rainbow Bridge Suki

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    *Lassie*

Those who have been members for a good while will remember Tam’s sister Suki. She was attacked four years ago, when she was ten, by two large Ridgebacks and we thought my friend was going to lose her but she was such a tough little dog.
    She had a major stroke which she couldn’t get over and my friend has had to say goodbye just two months after we lost Tam.
    She is devastated, at 81 and living on her own she lived for her beautiful little dog.
    We are hoping to find a small fluffy dog ( no terriers) to keep her company and give her a reason to carry on but at her age not many rescues will let her have a dog, I would take over the care of the dog if anything happened so she was unable to care for it so if anyone knows of a rescue that may consider her please post.
    Run Free little Suki and tell Tam I still love and miss him so much. xxx 

[img width=468 height=351]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g275/lassiemad/dogs/Joan015.jpg[/img]

Val

So sorry she was a brave little dog.
    Rather than rescue try the breed clubs Lassie I am sure they would find a dog for your friend
    Val

*Lassie*

[quote author=Val link=topic=16043.msg280698#msg280698 date=1317157358]
    So sorry she was a brave little dog.
    Rather than rescue try the breed clubs Lassie I am sure they would find a dog for your friend
    Val
    [/quote]
    Thanks Val :-*
    Have found the numbers for sheltie rescue and a breeder who knows lots of contacts. She is still upset about Tam as she adored him as much as I do, this has hit her very hard and I am afraid she will give up and just rattle about the house on her own never bothering to go out as that is what happened to another old friend. 

Izzie

So sorry Lassie, try pm’ing Sharon at Rescue Remedies as well, they may have an older dog needing a home also the oldies club, they take on dogs aged 7 and over.

If you let me know what she would like I can keep an ear out for you both.

*Lassie*

[quote author=Izzie link=topic=16043.msg280705#msg280705 date=1317244340]
    So sorry Lassie, try pm’ing Sharon at Rescue Remedies as well, they may have an older dog needing a home also the oldies club, they take on dogs aged 7 and over.

If you let me know what she would like I can keep an ear out for you both.
    [/quote]

Got a few breeders and sheltie rescue looking out for her, hope we may be able to find an ex breeding bitch ready to retire to a quiet comfortable home where she will be loved and much wanted

Travis 1

Run free Suki

Diesel73

So sorry to hear this. Bad stroke… Been there, done that. Makes me even more greatfull for the 2 years of borrowed time i had with my Wodan. 

Must have been devastating. Fine one moment, next….. :'(

*Lassie*

My friend is going to see a little 4 year old bitch tomorrow, same lines as Suki. Very friendly so much so they called her friendly, so fingers and paws crossed they gel. Will put some pictures up if she does get her ;D

Val

Fingers crossed

[quote author=*Lassie* link=topic=16043.msg280739#msg280739 date=1317823033]
    My friend is going to see a little 4 year old bitch tomorrow, same lines as Suki. Very friendly so much so they called her friendly, so fingers and paws crossed they gel. Will put some pictures up if she does get her ;D
    [/quote]

Izzie

Wishing your friend the best of Luck with her meet tomorrow, hopefully it will be the perfect match!  🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime