Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

temper temper

Home Archive Forums Dogs Basic Dog Training temper temper

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Ooh, Dee ganley!  Will you be going down that road laura?    :nono: :boooo:  >:D  :canadian: :canadian:

Anonymous

I hope lots of people read this thread because it illustrates some good points

– just because a dog is ball obsessed does not mean it will suit flyball or that flyball will do the dog any good at all.

– to do any kind of dog sports your dog needs to be focussed on you first

Claire x

p.s. Val – i’m sure historically speaking BC’s shouldnt be hyped up as you rightly say many are at flyball.  its breeding importing flyball and the handlers that add to this.  you wouldnt see a good sheepdog acting like a manic nutter surely ??

Anonymous

MMMmmm  ::)mmm Some are they are only as good as the handler/farmer they are what I call a twitchy breed  ;D have to be moving something, found a nice one yesterday
    Val

p.s. Val – i’m sure historically speaking BC’s shouldnt be hyped up as you rightly say many are at flyball.  its breeding importing flyball and the handlers that add to this.  you wouldnt see a good sheepdog acting like a manic nutter surely ??
    [/quote]

.dodger.

from reading over the posts here i decided do a different walk as we are used to today. So instead of walking in an offlead heal to the park doing lots of stops/sits/downs on the way then releasing him from play to stand and throw the ball for 20 mins. then back home in the same mannor. We walked in an offlead heal (with the sits/down/stops) along the way ,once we got to the park i made him walk once round the field staying in heal then gave him to runs with the ball, back into an offlead heal with his ball hidden. Got back to the top of the field and did some down stays – couple more runs as he did so well then back off home. He was brill – even when the ball was hidden he still stayed put!!! was really pleased with him.

[quote author=Val link=topic=12335.msg238766#msg238766 date=1220266971]
    I too shuddered when you said you were going Laura  :-* I know how you wanted to do something with him but flyball ain’t for him.
    Hugs Laura Bev will sort him I am sure he’s a lovely boy just needs pointing in the right direction he’s a big boy with a big brain he deserves better than repetitive flyball.
    Val
    [/quote]
    thanks for that val – i think that was the reason for the whole finding something to do. I just saw so much in him i knew it would be a aste if we didn’t put his big brain to use. I think along with that i was just so desperate to have an hour way from everything just doing something we both enjoy.

[quote author=Foxisle_crazy link=topic=12335.msg238787#msg238787 date=1220283154]
    Ooh, Dee ganley!  Will you be going down that road laura?    :nono: :boooo:  >:D  :canadian: :canadian:
    [/quote]
    :nono: :nono:

and thanks zerlinda i’m glad you got things sorted out! Nice to know i’m not the only one who is going through this type of thing

Mudgie

you can have an hour with me and nooch anytime you like  ;D 

.dodger.

will have to take you up on that  ;D :-*

Awww Laura was thinking about you last night- glad you got things clearer, you doing just great – just a few things need tweaking – I know its hard,  :-* you will get there!

i’m pretty sure that whatever any of us are going through there will be someone here that has been through it too, its one of the best things about this site…support & guidance  ;D

me and beau are still a work in progress but doing pretty good, if he decides he wants to go chase another dog or person, if i miss the first signals and he sets off i have a ‘what the f are you doing get yur ass back here cue’ of HEY! really sharp and stern, stops him in his tracks…but like to get the ah ah ah in first if i can  :yes:

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime