Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

The Runs & Sickness

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health The Runs & Sickness

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author

we only have a back yard no garden quite small and i clear and detol it frequently, our bin is in the yard but its a big wheelie bin so he can’t get in there, there are a few flies around though so maybe he’s licking something out there, but usually its just straight in and out…but it could be something from the nature reserve he walks in everyday with my dad…there is loads of wild life there and lots of large ponds which maybe becoming a bit stagnent with algea (SP?) he’s probably getting something from there  :-\

kizkiznobite

i was thinking pidgeon and/or seagull faeces….

have you got any nesting close by…roof tops chimney pots etc

recent studies are showing that there is more bacteria in seagull poo than in raw sewage…including all the norms + camp and e coli etc

there are loads of seagulls nesting and last night there were two big baby seagulls eating a pidgeon  😮

maybe just walking through the poo and then washing his paws is enough ?

Anonymous

hi,

yes i would think that would be enough 🙁

i think they carry bacteria that makes dogs sick

claire x

Val do you have a link for where i could buy some of that honey? not had any luck locating any of either types.

Anonymous

hi,

just looked pigeons up and they can carry camplobacter and salmonella in their droppings – it sounds like you may need something specific which will kill these in the yard ?

bonnie had campy when she first came here – there is some info here – http://www.castlepoint.gov.uk/Documents/leaflets/Environment/InfectiousDiseases/campylobacter.pdf but i can see from briefly googling some strains seem to be resistant to certain disinfectants

hope this helps – i used to battle with pigeons on our balcony all the time in our flat 🙁

claire x

you think jeyes fluid will do it………….ooo or hibiscrub?? beau has had campy before, last year i think.

Anonymous

[quote author=zerlinda link=topic=12173.msg235431#msg235431 date=1218184732]
    Val do you have a link for where i could buy some of that honey? not had any luck locating any of either types.
    [/quote]

This is about the cheapest site  I’ve found (unless anyone else knows one) 🙂

http://www.comvita.co.uk/activmanukahoney.html

oh holland & barrett sell it so i’ll grab some in town this afternoon  ;D

Sweetypye

could be coccidae (sp) and Virkon is a good disinfectant for this type of bug

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime