Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

The treat scale…

Home Archive Forums Dogs Basic Dog Training The treat scale…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Mudgie

be careful with amounts if it has a high fat content you will get runny bottie  ::)

Crafty1980

[quote author=Mudgie link=topic=12114.msg233112#msg233112 date=1217334986]
    be careful with amounts if it has a high fat content you will get runny bottie  ::)
    [/quote]

I just took it for granted that cheese was going to do that anyway so haven’t used cheese yet, I’ve used some other treats which she likes but not sure if she likes enough to charge the clicker… Will try the dried liver tomorrow when my tub arrives! Will also definitely look into drying my own liver (ahem… not my and in mine obvisouly!) I know what I mean in my head!! 😉

*Nat*

[quote author=Crafty1980 link=topic=12114.msg233113#msg233113 date=1217335643]
    Will try the dried liver tomorrow when my tub arrives! Will also definitely look into drying my own liver (ahem… not my and in mine obvisouly!) I know what I mean in my head!! 😉
    [/quote]

Certainly alot cheaper to do your own  🙂

Anonymous

[quote author=Sweetypye link=topic=12114.msg233096#msg233096 date=1217331168]
    Labradors do consider EVERYTHING to be potentially edible!
    [/quote]

Except mine – who is strange  ::)

He likes black pudding…  um… anything he doesn’t get much – liver is good, but he gets it fairly often…

Is picnic season and when we walk in the park in the morning there is litter (and food) everywhere… I am the only one who doesn’t have to wander around telling their dog to leave or drop stuff – cos he won’t touch it anyway  ::)

Sweetypye

Well obviously your dog is another breed in disguise! ;D

Crafty1980

[quote author=Sweetypye link=topic=12114.msg233140#msg233140 date=1217345468]
    Well obviously your dog is another breed in disguise! ;D
    [/quote]

That’s what I was going to say! I’d check her registration number, make, model and vin plate… Oh wait… that’s car’s isn’t it! haha 🙂

Anonymous

I agree SP thats one  ??? lab

wags

mine are all very diffrent

for Oban it doesnt matter what treat it is – hes got mummys attention all to himself and thats all that matters to him – the only thing you have to consider is his jaw shape – the treat has to be the right size other wise it falls out  ::)

Flyte  😀 is far to dizzy for it to matter anyway

Brocks favorite food in the whole world is baked beans – ive often thought of making a baked bean cake and Brock would love it im sure

Cleo – totally indiffrent to food – indiffrent to life really to be fair  :-\ – favorite food is icecream  😮

Glen – works really well for high value stuff – liver cake that sort of thing – but he works well for anything

i think with my dogs being BCs a lot of the time work and spending the time with you is rewarding in itself

my friend got her lurcher running on in agility using empty cream cake tubs with little bits of cream left in  ;D

xtine

just out of interest I just tried some training with Fritz using apple… he loves apple.. but not for training.. he spat every bit out and looked at me as if to say ‘what else you got there?’  >:D

I dumped the rest in his bowl later on and he munched the lot  ::)

Izzy loves prawn crackers too!  😀 she gets a whole one after we’ve finished our chinese.  She doesn’t touch whole pieces of raw fruit (unless another dog is eating some  ::) ) only mushed up fruit.

Izzie

[quote author=TobyTeaCosy and Angela link=topic=12114.msg233111#msg233111 date=1217334924]

I think Bev once said one of hers, maybe the puppy Cubert, will do anything for a garden pea!  Just depends on the dog!
    [/quote]

Cubert will work for a pea, and Brose used to work for sprouts

Izzie

Dont forget Ben, to match the treat value to the learning criteria,

So for C1 you would use a lower value treat to C5, ie, cheese for C1 and liver for C5.

Buster would do anything for mushrooms  😀

Honey loves banana but she cant have it, inside the house to be honest she do anything for most food, except vegetables  ::) but outside the house, my praise works best actually shes often not interested in food outside.

kizkiznobite

i tend to use mutton out in the field because it provides instant energy and as they are fed raw it a high value for them – so is black pudding but as it spicey it used for series and chains more than onefers and twofers…onfers in the field with pup is cooked chicken or a lick of the pate pot….but yep in the house and garden he will do anything for a garden pea  😀 although now with stuff that is getting fluent he will accept my apprasial instead…

Anonymous

[quote author=Val link=topic=12114.msg233142#msg233142 date=1217345745]
    I agree SP thats one  ??? lab
    [/quote]

I know  ::)  – he a strange one… never has been much interested in food… he leaves food if he thinks I have fed him too much – he won’t overeat.

I tried to feed him a prawn cracker once and he wouldn’t touch it…  same happened with a chip shop chip (there was no salt or vinegar)  ??? – also – get this… If I stick some manuka honey in some yoghurt and don’t mix them up – he will eat the yoghurt and leave the honey – I can mix the honey well into the yoghurt – then he will eat them together.

What breed you think he might be  ;D

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime